Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

Donate Now   11/12/2017

Depression Forums has no real advertising help and no corporate sponsors. We depend on the support from our readers and especially our members. Your Donations would help DF to continue to stay on the internet and is greatly appreciated. Give the gift that keeps on giving. Donate Now  
SoFarAway

Anyone else feel like nobody will ever love them?

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

Please don't tell me that I'm alone on this...

Sorry if this counts as s***posting.

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Hi SoFarAway :)

Do you mean like romantically? I have been heart broken countless times. My depression and condition makes it too difficult for me to express my confidence and true form. Hence every time I've tried to be with someone they just aren't interested. It's been an extremely lonely ride. You most certainly aren't alone in feeling alone, so I guess that in and of itself should help you feel in the midst of a lot of company.

I think part of the lesson in not receiving love from others is to learn how to give it yourself since no one else love can truly fulfill you anyway. No one ever has or will know you like you do hence you are your own best partner. But you're in a welcome community so you don't have to feel lonely or unwanted here :)

If you ever need to chat feel free to message me :thumbsup:

Posted (edited) · Report post  

You are not alone in this.  I am in the same boat and am 62 years old.  I love the people I love.  They love me back as much as they can, in my opinion.  That is how I deal with it. 

I don't think people "withhold" love as though they could love me 96% and only love me 2%.  I figure they can't help it how much they love me.  If they love me 2% they usually show me the 2% and I think:  "Well, I loved this person as much as I could and they loved me as much as they could."  They gave me 100% of their 2%.  Don't know if this will make sense to anyone but me.

I do wish you the best of luck in your life and future.  There is always hope.  Sorry if my response is poor and pitiful.  Hopefully others here will make up for its poverty.  I also hope you find this site as helpful as I have! 

PS:  DurandalBlue has given you some wonderful words of wisdom! 

"If you love yourself, someone will always love you."

Edited by Epictetus

Posted · Report post  

If you mean in a romantic sense than yes I feel I'll never meet anyone if I never have at this point. I have too many issues & I just don't see how I'm going to be well enough to be with someone. It bothers me almost every single day but people tell me to try not to think about it when it's almost impossible not to. 

Yes I TOTALLY thought this and often thought what's the point of even living such a lonely tragic existence. Every guy I dated dumped me, like horribly and ruthlessly, every time. I did everything to get someone to love me, I even got cosmetic surgery and worked out constantly, went tanning. Nothing worked. It was never enough. I was so sad and depressed I was drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney. I started to give up, and stopped wearing make-up, stopped going out, quit smoking after my apt was robbed from leaving my window open (from smoking out my window!). I quit drinking too. I started watching a lot of netflix and I fattened up a bit. I decided I would be alone, but at least I was healthy. I accepted my fate. Then I met a really cool guy who seemed to like me. To avoid future heartache I tried to destroy my chances with him (said weird crazy stuff, said I wasn't looking for a relationship). But he didn't go anywhere. Now we're married and we have a kid.

There is a lid for every pan. Don't give up hope!

Edited by morecoffee
misspelling

Posted · Report post  

Me, too.  58 years old.  The two women that told me they loved me - well, not so much, I guess.  Reckon I'm totally unlovable.

Part of me hopes...

Another part KNOWS the opposite.

(Pan's a decent word.  Noun.  Verb.)

Posted · Report post  

Nobody will ever love me.  I never have a girlfriend.  Every time I try I'm laughed at and rejected.  38 years of living in this hellhole and no girl has ever said she loved me.  Nobody ever will love me.  I'm trash!

I am having mixed feelings on this. I had a good and bad relationship. I loved and I has been loved. But I also was used, disrespected and abused by my ex-partner. I think it is a safe thing to say I've lived a couple of lives already :) Am I feeling that no one ever will love me in a romantic way? I think I do feel it even more often now, after my major breakdown and isolation from majority of people (I am getting much better now). I feel like it very often. However, being single is not as bad, especially if you can find some cool to do. For example, I was going through this hard breakup from abusive relationship and lost self respect completely, not to mention my mental state went nuts! So I start skydiving. That turned my life upside down. Then I decided to change my major, so I quit two jobs and went back to school. Then again I had a rough patch and a major depression and anxiety in my life. Now I am trying to finish the project I started to work almost a year ago (my proud moment), then I'll get fake boobs (I always wanted them so I can wear all kinds of dresses I like), and then I want to get into speed riding. The moral of the story is: do some sh*t with your life that will bring you joy even if it's stupid to most of the people. Staying alone sometimes is much better that being with someone and feeling lonely. I consider myself to be a beautiful woman and I have enough opportunities to get laid or get a boyfriend, no joke. But I don't want to do it out of fear of staying alone. When I am with a men who can not understand inner me I feel weird, "crazy", different in a bad way. When I am single I am at peace (at least since I started taking medication and balance my life). Yes, I am afraid that no one ever love me deeply and genuinely, but I am even more afraid of being with a wrong person. 

Edited by lyalyaka

12 hours ago, morecoffee said:

Yes I TOTALLY thought this and often thought what's the point of even living such a lonely tragic existence. Every guy I dated dumped me, like horribly and ruthlessly, every time. I did everything to get someone to love me, I even got cosmetic surgery and worked out constantly, went tanning. Nothing worked. It was never enough. I was so sad and depressed I was drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney. I started to give up, and stopped wearing make-up, stopped going out, quit smoking after my apt was robbed from leaving my window open (from smoking out my window!). I quit drinking too. I started watching a lot of netflix and I fattened up a bit. I decided I would be alone, but at least I was healthy. I accepted my fate. Then I met a really cool guy who seemed to like me. To avoid future heartache I tried to destroy my chances with him (said weird crazy stuff, said I wasn't looking for a relationship). But he didn't go anywhere. Now we're married and we have a kid.

There is a lid for every pan. Don't give up hope!

Thats a pretty cool story :) Plastic surgery, working out, stuff... And then no makeup = husband lol ! Jokes aside, very impressive actually. Glad to hear stories like this.

I used to wear high heels ALL THE TIME. I couldn't leave my house without wearing a makeup. Now I don't even have a makeup in my house :) I still love heels and dresses, but not wearing them every day... And it's funny, but I have met the hottest guys that really liked me when I was wearing some random clothes and no makeup. 

Edited by lyalyaka

Posted · Report post  

I don't think I am a bad looking guy and I am pretty intelligent. However, lots of women seem to find me repulsive for some reason. I posted my photos on here and a fair few people said I was average looking or above.

However, women are just complete scum to me and I hate them for it. So yes, I think I will be alone forever.