Sign in to follow this  
squeakels

7.5 mg enough to put me to sleep?

1 hour ago, squeakels said:
Advertisement

I'm trying to get off of this slowly, will 7.5 mg still put me to sleep.  I feel like I have no energy during the day due to remeron.

Yes. 7.5 will allow most people to sleep. Id slowly taper down your doseage though maybe cut a few mg out. stay there for a few weeks. cut out a few more mgs stay there for a few weeks and so on and so on. What doseage are you on now?

1 hour ago, squeakels said:

I've been able to sleep fine on 7.5 mg. I'm down to 3.75 mg now and am still sleeping fine. I think that the Remeron (and other meds) got me out of my deep depression (a while ago) and I'm not quite so insomniac now. Coming off the Remeron has made me a lighter sleeper, but I'm still sleeping okay so far.

7.5mg was enough for me. Made me groggy the entire next day. Also,gained 10 pounds in one week due to uncontrollable late night cravings. Feel so much better having gave up that med and now working on sleeping naturally. 

I was on Olanzapine for 4 years (2,5 mg a day, for anxiety), now I am using abilify 5 mg, which it works, but gave me some insomnia. So I started Remeron. At first 7,5, then 15 mg, and now, again, 7,5. I don't feel any difference between the two dosages, maybe 15 mg is a little stronger to sleep. Unluckly, my appetite didn't increase by no means.