I am in Shock....

Nick12

I don't know what to say right now. I have been feeling under the weather lately and my dad has been saying its "bulls***". This is normal from my dad. But he just crossed a very personal and dangerous line. He came into my room 20 minutes ago, and saw that I was crying. I was crying because I am struggling with a ton of things right now. You know what he did...? He said in the most cruel tone "why don't you cut your arms again" "that's why you wear that long jacket everywhere" "You think your smart and look at how you deal with your life" "Pretty stupid if you ask me".... He slammed my door and left. I am heartbroken. Completely in shock. I wouldn't have thought that my own Dad would say this. What can I do? What should I do? I am crying my eyes out into this and I just want someone to be there for me....

That's a terrible thing to have to experience Nick12. I'm sorry you had to. Your dad obviously doesn't understand what you are going through. I don't know that you should do anything right now. Maybe you might wait til tomorrow and tell him that what he said was really hurtful. If you try to do anything tonight, it might explode into something? In the meantime we are here for you.

10 minutes ago, Nick12 said:
Advertisement

I don't know what to say right now. I have been feeling under the weather lately and my dad has been saying its "bulls***". This is normal from my dad. But he just crossed a very personal and dangerous line. He came into my room 20 minutes ago, and saw that I was crying. I was crying because I am struggling with a ton of things right now. You know what he did...? He said in the most cruel tone "why don't you cut your arms again" "that's why you wear that long jacket everywhere" "You think your smart and look at how you deal with your life" "Pretty stupid if you ask me".... He slammed my door and left. I am heartbroken. Completely in shock. I wouldn't have thought that my own Dad would say this. What can I do? What should I do? I am crying my eyes out into this and I just want someone to be there for me....

Ugh, I am so sorry. :( It is so hard when people don't understand what you're going through - especially someone close to you, like your parent. I wish I had something positive to add, but yeah. I am sorry. :(

(((hugs)))

I am so sorry for what happened to you Nick.  When things are bad, lack of sympathy and compassion from those around us can make them a million times worse.  It is heartbreaking what you experienced.  You deserve so much better ! ! !  Are you going to be okay?  - epictetus

Edited by Epictetus

22 minutes ago, Lunachick said:

Ugh, I am so sorry. :( It is so hard when people don't understand what you're going through - especially someone close to you, like your parent. I wish I had something positive to add, but yeah. I am sorry. :(

(((hugs)))

thank you. He isn't too close to me but it still hurts that he would say that to me

23 minutes ago, felix_a_cat said:

That's a terrible thing to have to experience Nick12. I'm sorry you had to. Your dad obviously doesn't understand what you are going through. I don't know that you should do anything right now. Maybe you might wait til tomorrow and tell him that what he said was really hurtful. If you try to do anything tonight, it might explode into something? In the meantime we are here for you.

I don't think I am gonna talk to him... He is not someone that I need to involve with my life anymore. He wont even say sorry if it meant his life

19 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

I am so sorry for what happened to you Nick.  When things are bad, lack of sympathy and compassion from those around us can make them a million times worse.  It is heartbreaking what you experienced.  You deserve so much better ! ! !  Are you going to be okay?  - Epictetus

yea it does.. I am glad you understand it that way. I don't know. I want to go away and stay at a friends house but he says if I ever leave he will call the cops... :(

1 hour ago, Nick12 said:

yea it does.. I am glad you understand it that way. I don't know. I want to go away and stay at a friends house but he says if I ever leave he will call the cops... :(

What a hurtful thing for your dad to say! It sounds like a toxic living situation. You said he would call the cops if you went and stayed elsewhere? Is there any other family member or close friend you can talk to? Maybe when things calm down a little bit you can figure out a plan, like staying somewhere where you feel supported. Let us know how we can help! I am sorry you had to hear all that crap from him. 

yea it is... Not really any family nearby. Yea I have a lot of friends who say anytime no matter what I can crash at their place if it gets bad at home but I am no allowed to leave....

35 minutes ago, Positivenegative said:

What a hurtful thing for your dad to say! It sounds like a toxic living situation. You said he would call the cops if you went and stayed elsewhere? Is there any other family member or close friend you can talk to? Maybe when things calm down a little bit you can figure out a plan, like staying somewhere where you feel supported. Let us know how we can help! I am sorry you had to hear all that crap from him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, Justyaaveraggurl said:

@Nick, my heart goes out to you. I know what it's like to live in a home where your parents, whom are suppose to be your biggest cheerleaders are sometimes your worse enemies. I don't know if you have ever heard the old saying, "hurt people, hurt people" I don't say that to make excuses for your Dad but rather for you to not take to heart  the hurtful things he said. We are not defined by our weaknesses nor our failures.  If I may ask, and please feel free to say "mind your own business" what your you doing about the cutting. Is that something you are currently struggling with?

yea Its pretty bad. I have been to the hospital 2 times in the past week because of it. I would never say mind your own business. I don't get people that are interested in me that often...