Sign in to follow this  
Atron

Asperger and Depression

Hi all, I have recently been diagnosed with Asperger aged 19 so a bit late but could be worse. Part of Asperger means I struggle to communicate easily, thus meaning I struggle to get on with people. Even before I found out I had Asperger I knew I found that hard, the problem is that I want to get on with people but it takes a lot of effort and leaves me exhausted. I then begin to rerun through my head any conversation I had with someone and realise how many stupid things I have said which makes me think they wont like me. The whole situation puts me back to square one where I decide not to want to talk to people again. Its just a long and frustrating cycle.

I know it seems silly to then stop talking to people again but its what I feel is best at the time.

Sorry for the longish post, this is mostly me venting and getting my thoughts in one place.

I wanted to let you know that I read your post. I am not personally familiar with Asperger's, though I work with a guy who has it.

I tend to say stupid things during conversations as well. And then I rerun the conversation over and over again in my head afterwards to find where I "failed".  I am always "second guessing" myself.

Hello from the US.