Sign in to follow this  
Wnt2bHppy212112

Lexapro Side Effects

I have been taking lexapro for about 2 weeks, started 5mgs now am taking 10.  Its actually started helping pretty quick and the past 2 weeks have actually been the best 2 weeks I have had IN A LONG TIME!  I am just getting this HORRIBLE headaches.  When I get them nothing makes them go away, and they get so bad that sometimes I cannot even retain any information or even like focus/concentrate on whats happening.  A few things I read online said that these should go away, but some say it could be serious.  I am going to my doctor on Monday but I would def like some feedback before than.  Also I heard you can actually physically withdraw from this medicine?  Has anyone had that happen to them?  If so was it bad? I do not want to be physically dependent on another drug as I was before.  Its Horrible and I did not know that about lexapro until after I started taking it.  Any feed back will help!

I used to be on 20mg but it was mainly just side effects and not much of a resolution. I was increased to 40mg a day - I probably get about 2 -3 hrs of sleep a night. Constantly tired, lightheaded, nauseous. I have somewhat of a physical inability to keep my eyes open from tiredness. I have random bouts of hyperactivity and talkativeness that I'm very aware of but can't seem to control. Frequently i will also feel as if I have no emotion at all. Sometimes I find myself sitting in silence with absolutely no  feeling and no thoughts running through my mind. Headaches are frequent along with a rare migraine or two. Painkillers tend not to help, I'll have to sleep it off.