Sign in to follow this  
Corbin

Happy Birthday Me

I turned 19 today. It's a sad age since it's the last time I'll ever be a teen again. I feel like I wasted my life. What made me the most sad was the fact that I didn't have any friends to celebrate it with. I feel like I'm the only one in this world that has these particular problems I'm dealing with, like family issues and so on. I often feel like I'm the loneliest person in this world or that I was born on the wrong planet.

Happy Birthday Corbin !  I'm sorry that your 19th birthday is not a happy one!  You deserve better and more!

I wish I could fix things so life would be happier for you.  You've been through so much ! 

I can definitely relate to having family issues as well as the feeling of being the loneliest person on the planet or being from another planet!

I am not really good with words, so I will just say that I hope things get better and better for you somehow ! ! ! - epictetus

For first: Happy Birthday, my dear. I wish you sugar, spice and everything nice. That life will turn positively for you and your wishes may come true!

Life hast the ability to change, if you want it, but that takes a lot of time and strength though... I know exactly. I just turned 18 again last year, at least I claim it like this, because I like to waste my time too. And I was alone on my birthday and even sylvester.

The good people always got it bad, I hardly start believing it. I know someone who is thru and thru a****** and luck and people are just flying into his hous. We are people that think, worry and have intentions in being nice and good, but most people arent like this. In this world you will need a thick skin or even better not think at all. 

and family... I could sing a song. Whats stressing your family situation?

Happy birthday Corbin! I'm sorry that you're struggling with loneliness and a stressful family situation. I hope you find some peace and fulfillment in your life. You are young and have limitless possibilities that lay ahead of you. Don't let the depression defeat you.

Peace, T

Happy Birthday Corbin.  19?  Ya those are pretty tough years.  But you are far, very far, from having wasted your life.  Heck, I'd give just about anything to roll back to being 24 or 25.  19?  That would give me plenty of time to do everything right.

I'm jealous of you because you have your whole life ahead of you.  I can imagine that does not make any sense to you because it sounds like things really suck.  I've definitely been there.  Well, maybe not exactly what you're going through but I do know about being young, thinking that everything sucks, and that there is really no point to moving forward in life.  But hang in there because I think you still have a lot of living to do.  Best of luck.  And happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Corbin!

There are a lot of people who have family issues so you're definitely not alone. Treat yourself to something fun. Go out to the movies, or get dinner at a restaurant you've never been to before. Break the cycle of your normal everyday life and do something different or that you've never done for your birthday. 

Buck up kiddo...things will get better :)

Turns out what's even worse is that my parents didn't bother getting anything for me from the list I gave them, because they said I was 19 and they weren't "obliged" to give me any gifts (so they're basically saying they only give gifts when they feel like it), whereas they manage to spend $4,200 on my sister's sweet sixteen whereas the list I gave them, including a few others, was around the $1800-$2000 spectrum. What's worse is that due to my limited budget, I had to cut everything I wanted in half.

2 hours ago, Corbin said:

Turns out what's even worse is that my parents didn't bother getting anything for me from the list I gave them, because they said I was 19 and they weren't "obliged" to give me any gifts (so they're basically saying they only give gifts when they feel like it), whereas they manage to spend $4,200 on my sister's sweet sixteen whereas the list I gave them, including a few others, was around the $1800-$2000 spectrum. What's worse is that due to my limited budget, I had to cut everything I wanted in half.

Sorry you didn't have a great birthday.  I hope future birthdays and all the days in between may be better ones for you!!