Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Hopeful12

Having intrusive thoughts

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

I started Paxil again after having been off of it for 3 years. The last time I took it, I seemed to feel better within 2 weeks. My main reason for taking in the last time was anxiety. I have slumped into a clinical depression accompanied by anxiety over the past month, and began taking Paxil again. I'm on my 8th day. I am still having trouble eating and sleeping. I lost 10 lbs in the past week. The depression and intrusive thoughts are scaring me, and I'm concerned about being a burden on my family. I also can't stop thinking about what kind of a tail spin I would go on if I lost a loved one. I just feel totally unhinged, and worthless right now. I don't know how you brave souls go through this while trying to take care of kids! I can barley take care of my dog and myself right now. I'm going to give the Paxil time, just feeling so down.

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Hey hopeful,

I don't know if it means anything, but I have been thinking about how upset I would be if I lost loved ones too. I too, have been a bit of a burden on my family since I have been having difficulty with jobs and getting money for the past couple of years.

Some hopeful things for me right now are that I applied for post secondary school, something I have been really afraid to do, in the hopes that by succeeding in school and maybe securing a job, I can feel like I am giving back to my parents. Still though I can't help also feeling pretty low lately as well.

In terms of medication give it the full trial if you can. In my experience, usually the 3rd week gives me a pretty good indication of whether I feel the medication is going to work or not, however, doctors suggest 4-6 weeks.

In the meantime maybe try to find some activities to get your mind off things. Like going for walks, or any kind of  exercise, hobbies, movies, TV shows. Try and think of things that make you happy and make life meaningful to you.

Hope any of this helps, wishing you luck with your meds!

Posted · Report post  

Hey zzzsleepyzzz,

I appreciate the encouragement. I'll be starting counseling on Monday, and the anxiety I felt before coming to work today was slightly less than yesterday. I guess we all just want some peace of mind.  I'm so scared of everything right now. Trying to remain optimistic, but being depressed makes it so hard.

Congratulations on applying to school! I hope it works out well for you, and gives you the boost you need.