Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

Donate Now   11/12/2017

Give the gift that will keep on giving. Donate Now  Thank you and have a healthy, joyful and peaceful holiday season.   Lindsay Reday Forum Administrator, Founder LGJ Managing Director, Owner LioninWinters Administrative Technician 

cheshire_chick

What Tattoos Do You Have?

13 posts in this topic

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

I have 3. Deathly Hollows:icon12: an arrow on the wrist to protect me. A crow on the back of the neck. In many cultures the crow, or raven, is a messanger between people and gods (spirit realm), a symbol of wisdom and deep understanding, sages or healers would be associated with it. It was also sometimes misunderstood and taken as an evil spirit or trickster. It could mean that "the worst is behind".

Cool topic! Curious to find out about others. Cheshire, what about you?

Posted (edited) · Report post  

I just have my first one at the moment. It's:

into the dark;

in script on the outside of my foot. Most people I just tell them it's a song lyric. Some people I will tell that it symbolizes my choice to persevere; that, like the semicolon, I could have ended at the dark but I kept going.

And then very few people know that it's from mine and my ex-fiance's song. I will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab For Cutie. He promised me he wouldn't leave me there, and he did. It didn't end me.

I have quite a few planned out that I want for sure. I just wanted to get this super meaningful one for my first one... next I would like a portrait of Kaonashi (No-Face) fading into watercolor with a jizo statue juxtaposed by it. Protector and advocate for children.

Edited by cheshire_chick

Posted · Report post  

Aw, that's nice. Kaonashi:icon12: I like it when people get something important/meaningful. It's like a reminder and I feel like it deepens your understanding of something or brings you closer to it, I don't know if I'm explaining this right. Like giving something a name brings you closer to it, in a similar way.

I need to re-touch the ones I have before getting any new ones. I'm thinking of covering my arrow with a tree and getting a new arrow. The guy kinda botched it:huh:

I like that song. I hate when people don't keep promises, shame on them.

OOooo nice thread. I have the apocalyptic Mary on my back, crushing the serpent underneath her feet, over top the world globe. She's got him on a chain and it represents her protection of mankind.

Edited by Follena

Posted · Report post  

I've got three! 

One on my wrist, is the science officer emblem from Star Trek (like the one Mr. Spock has on his uniform)

One on my neck of a star as a reference to an anime I really like, that I've met most of my friends through (let me know if you know which anime!! XD )

and One on my back is the brand from Mad Max that the War Boys brand onto Max's back in fury road.

I don't really think any of mine have meanings, they're just things that I really liked.

Right now I just have a blue rose on my ankle but, I plan to get more tattoos very soon. I want to get something Fall and bat related on my wrist. I also want to get lyrics from a Third Eye Blind song on the inside of my arms.

Edited by Veruca

Posted · Report post  

58 minutes ago, Frog Umbrella said:

I've got three! 

One on my wrist, is the science officer emblem from Star Trek (like the one Mr. Spock has on his uniform)

One on my neck of a star as a reference to an anime I really like, that I've met most of my friends through (let me know if you know which anime!! XD )

and One on my back is the brand from Mad Max that the War Boys brand onto Max's back in fury road.

I don't really think any of mine have meanings, they're just things that I really liked.

I don't know why, but I'm thinking of fma or d.grey-man?

Nice topic!

I have 4.  I'll try and explain but it might be a bit all over the place.

One is my child's name with 2 swallows flying around it. One swallow stands for my dad who passed away and one for a miscarriage I had. My child was born the same month my dad passed away in, a few years before. My miscarriage happened 2 months before my dad passed away but at least I remember the day I told him my partner and I were expecting. Even though we lost that baby, I will never forget how happy my dad was hearing the news.

Second one is the seal of Murmur according to the Ars Goetia.  Long story behind that one, never mind haha

Third one is a custom designed piece on my ribs, kinda steampunk style. I had it done as a mark when I started DBT. It's a mix of a compass combined with tentacles, cogs and then some, to portray trying to find my own way.

Last one is part of a song lyric, my best friend has the rest of the sentence. We hardly see each other and we wanted to have something done so that when we miss each other, we just look at our arms :)

@One More Red Nightmare Love the Maiden one!

Edited by Tux

Posted · Report post  

I have zero tattoos, although I've had various ideas over the years. I'm actually glad I didn't do any of those past ideas, because I think they're dumb now (I'm pretty fickle). My most recent idea was an elephant in honor of my mom, because it's her favorite animal and also "an elephant never forgets" and she's suffering from dementia. Maybe one day I'll get that one done, because I don't think I'd ever regret it.

I have got three tattoos

My first, a barcode on the back of my neck that says Human above it, and Made in Canada below. I got it when I was 16 or 17; learned a lesson or two from that experience.

The second, I got last summer; a wolf's head with flowers and lovely line work on my left arm. My fiance and I got tattoos together for our 6th anniversary. 

The third I just got finished last weekend actually. When I was getting the wolf done, the artist had a design posted and up for grabs; I couldn't stop thinking about it after I left so I called dibs on it. Worked out well, turns out its somewhat inspired by a character in the books by Anne Rice.

I think I may be developing an addiction ;)

- I deleted the pictures after reading the reminder at the top about no images ... :( was excited to share, but sorry for the mistake.

Edited by WordsInTheWind

Posted · Report post  

you can kind of see mine in this picture. it says 'Harsh Times' and has a skull above it.

39780_454387785324_534460324_6631677_2982161_n.jpg