Sign in to follow this  
Atron

Losing focus

Its been a little while since I have posted here, I guess I thought I would be ok without being able to express my feelings somewhere but it would seem not.

Recently I have been feeling very spaced out, I will just stare at things then suddenly snap myself back into reality and realize that alot of time has passed. I always feel tired no matter how much sleep I get and I think they are related. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Yep.  All the time.

When I worked, someone told me it was "creepy" how I would just space out sometimes.  

My sleep is terrible.  I have what I call "sleep anxiety."  I have stressful dreams, nightmares or night terrors.  I clench my teeth and tense my muscles in my sleep, and sometimes I kick a little bit or flinch.  I've also cried out before, and I sometimes wear braces on my hands and wrists to try to keep my hands from balling up into fists and flexing towards my inner arms.  I've also experienced sleep paralysis, which is pretty frightening.  

When I wake up, I usually feel like I've been mugged.  I have a lot of body pain, but the Cymbalta helps with that.  I take Klonopin for the sleep anxiety, but it's not enough to alleviate the problem; it just makes it less severe.

So I'm always tired, because my sleep is not restful.

Hey,

Yes. I experience this kind of thing all the time. It really bothers me. I often get a bit spaced out like this when I'm at my part-time job, doing some boring, repetitive task, like putting security stickers on all the products. I'll just kind of stare at something for a long time when doing a boring task and space out, and then force myself to come back to reality. Sometimes this even happens to me when I'm sitting in my car, waiting in heavy traffic, at red traffic lights.

I think what can help is to try and bring awareness to the fact that you're spacing out. If you fully know that you're doing it, it might be a little easier to snap back into reality.

When you're experiencing depression, tiredness and fatigue are very common. Even if you do sleep a lot, the depression weighs you down in a way that always seems to make you feel tired. It sucks. That's what I've heard and read, anyway.

All the best to you.