Sign in to follow this  
feellikeitwontend

illegal drug?

40mg paxil, 5mg abilify, 450mg wellbutrin.  These things in combination seem to help, but the one thing that truly puts me in a good mood, am happy, funny, fun, loving, caring, is smoking garden shrub.  Vaping, smoking, ingesting, all different ways, but I love it and it's what has really kept my mood on the plus side.

HA, the forum just changed the word w - e - e - d to garden shrub.  Given that it's now 2017 and is legal in a bunch of states, as freely as alcohol, I think we need to back off the overly cautious censoring.  Changed title to Illegal Drug from mary jane too.  jeez.

Edited by feellikeitwontend

I have to giggle or frown at some of the changes the forum makes to triggering words. It's not just words that are illegal or offensive either. If you try to write a glass of b-e-e-r or w-i-n-e it changes it to a glass of alcohol as well. Not sure why? I guess it could be a trigger for ppl who struggle with alcohol? So it's not just about it being "illegal". I've certainly never gotten a "parking fine" for having a glass of alcohol... lol  : )

So, apart from the somewhat prudish nature of the auto-correct here... Do you still want to discuss your original topic?

I'm actually not sure on the legal aspects of it. Dunno if an internet site/ forum is legally repsonsible for making sure nothing is posted that may be illegal in some states or federally. Could be. If so, it's understandable that the forum would protect itself to not be exposed to any unecessary legal risks, I think.

There's obviously scientific and historical evidence that garden shrub can help with anxiety and depression.

How do you deal with the side effects?

My ex was self-medicating using garden shrub when I met him and I hated the side-effects. It felt like I was living with someone with Alzheimers. He would tell me the same stories every day. I've cared for and lived with an elderly person with Alzheimers before, so it felt really similar in that respect. His mind was definitely very clouded, although he didn't feel it was. He noticed how much his thinking cleared up tho, once he went off the garden shrub.

I would say that like any other "normal" med, it has benefits but also pretty big (negative) side-effects, some of which only the ppl around you notice, because the user doesn't notice their own altered mental state fully.

Sophy it sounds like the foggy thinking side effects were hard to experience in your ex.

some people may get paranoid. Or unable to sleep. Those are some other possible negatives.

i live in a state where it is legalized. This has opened up the availability, variety and potency testing.

This allows me to choose a “flavor“ that gives me the effects I want. And avoid those that feel adverse.

but beyond self experimenting there lacks research.

i use to relieve anxiety depression and help to sleep 

Edited by Bbqdad

8 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

i live in a state where it is legalized. This has opened up the availability, variety and potency testing.

This allows me to choose a “flavor“ that gives me the effects I want. And avoid those that feel adverse.

but beyond self experimenting there lacks research.

That's a very good point : )

By criminalising it, it definitely leads to a lack of research/ knowledge and a total lack of availability of strains that are as healthy as possible and with as few side-effects as possible.

Let's hope there is lots of progress made on this in the states where it has been legalised!

I never tried it before either guys, but my former co-worker and friend who knows about my condition told me to look into it...he uses it when he stressed out at work and he says it helps. I assume if you are taking medications to be careful, ...I'm not taking anything right now...so I am going to look into it....

On 1/25/2017 at 7:50 AM, feellikeitwontend said:

40mg paxil, 5mg abilify, 450mg wellbutrin.  These things in combination seem to help, but the one thing that truly puts me in a good mood, am happy, funny, fun, loving, caring, is smoking garden shrub.  Vaping, smoking, ingesting, all different ways, but I love it and it's what has really kept my mood on the plus side.

I know we aren't supposed to talk about a natural herbal substance that the government has decided to classify as illegal, but it's the one sure-fire thing that works for me too. I am an alcoholic and the herb keeps me from k i l l ing myself via booze.

I can function quite well outside of my apartment and deal with people as a result of the herb.

But, thanks to the lobbying of pharmaceutical and booze companies, the government makes it illegal. Well, F that.

Edited by JD4010

28 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

My apologies I didn't know we weren't supposed to talk about it.

I got my wrist slapped once. But for me, if something works, I want to inform others about it.

It's not addictive like alcohol or opioids, but I suppose a person can become "dependent" on it. Heck, I'm "dependent" on caffeine.

11 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I can function quite well outside of my apartment and deal with people as a result of the herb.

Me:

Racing thoughts “slows it down”

ptsd “no dreams deep sleep”

depression “elevate mood”

anxiety “calms”

but I also take resperidal lamyctal and I cut out alcohol two years ago. These two moderate spikes in mood.

Edited by Bbqdad
Spelling corrections

11 hours ago, JD4010 said:

You own your own body and have the final say. So it makes sense to share info so a good decision can be made. Also, we have to get over  stigma so we can converse.

There are other places on web to celebrate herb culture or politics so that shouldn’t be here too polarizing.

but talking about mental health symptoms and experience seems that this would be the place to do it.

Edited by Bbqdad
Spelling

10 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

Me:

Racing thoughts “slows it down”

ptsd “no dreams deep sleep”

depression “elevate mood”

anxiety “calms”

but I also take resperidal lamyctal and I cut out alcohol two years ago. These two moderate spikes in mood.

Yes! Getting away from booze has led to a significant improvement in my mental state. The herb was a key component of that.

Re: dependency: Right now, I'm dependent on citalopram and bupropion as well. Withdrawing from them is a painful and aggravating experience, likely to send me to the hospital. If I don't utilize herb for a few days or weeks, it's not a big deal. Now you tell me which of these is "safer".

Edited by JD4010

On 5/30/2018 at 7:23 AM, JD4010 said:

Yes! Getting away from booze has led to a significant improvement in my mental state. The herb was a key component of that.

Re: dependency: Right now, I'm dependent on citalopram and bupropion as well. Withdrawing from them is a painful and aggravating experience, likely to send me to the hospital. If I don't utilize herb for a few days or weeks, it's not a big deal. Now you tell me which of these is "safer".

I got a new doctor this week and prescription for rispidone and lamotrigine. 

I told them how I medicate with 🌿 wild shrub or tomato 🍅 plants that don’t grow tomatoes. And they said they wished there was more research but that she supported it and to let her know the effects. 

Progress

8 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

I got a new doctor this week and prescription for rispidone and lamotrigine. 

I told them how I medicate with 🌿 wild shrub or tomato 🍅 plants that don’t grow tomatoes. And they said they wished there was more research but that she supported it and to let her know the effects. 

Progress

Excellent! Big pharma hates the fruitless tomato plant of course. It works too well and "anyone" can grow it. Where's the profit in that?

22 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Excellent! Big pharma hates the fruitless tomato plant of course. It works too well and "anyone" can grow it. Where's the profit in that?

Exactly, and don't forget the prison industries, the civil confiscation of funds from unprosecuted but suspicious of tomatoe transpotation.

1 hour ago, Bbqdad said:

Exactly, and don't forget the prison industries, the civil confiscation of funds from unprosecuted but suspicious of tomatoe transpotation.

Indeed. And the fear of the fruitless tomato plant has very successfully been implanted into people's minds.