Sign in to follow this  
ladysmurf

Latuda for anxiety

Latuda is worth a try.  Remember that there are many meds that can help.  It is a matter of working with the docs to find the best match for you. 

ts

Something to keep in mind is that in the lower doses (20mg and 40mg) Latuda can be activating and that may feel like anxiety or panic. It's easy to confuse. 60mg+ is sedating and should be taken at bedtime. It's an antipsychotic though so it should calm your mind a bit. I never found Latuda to be calming enough though. Was ok for depression but wasn't enough for mania in my situation.

On 05/01/2017 at 6:46 AM, ladysmurf said:
Advertisement

That's where I am headed next..so any advice would be appreciated....

Latuda® (lurasidone HCl) is a once-a-day prescription medicine. It is approved to treat bipolar depression in adults, and in children and teens (10 to 17 years) on its own. LATUDA is also approved to treat bipolar depression in adults taking lithium or valproate. In clinical studies, LATUDA was proven effective for many people struggling with bipolar depression.

LATUDA is the first medication approved for bipolar depression that can be taken either:

• by adults, and by children and teens on its own (monotherapy), or
  • by adults, with a mood-stabilizing medication (adjunctive therapy), either lithium or valproate.

With LATUDA, as with any other prescription medicine, some people may experience side effects.

Edited by Natasha1
Links removed