Sign in to follow this  
Asta

Out of Citalopram

I forgot I needed to refill my Citalopram and the pharmacy has been closed for new years.  I haven't taken it for almost 2 days.  I'm starting to get worried that something bad could happen to me, what do you think?

Edited by LGJ

Look, it takes 6 weeks for esc to kick in. That, in my non medical opinion, means, that two days off the same meds, means nothing, you should be fine. I once did not take esc for four days, without any conseqences.  Just wait till pharmacy opens... Only if the symptoms of depression would return, you should worry. So, have a happy new year and dont worry.

Thank you!  I'm scared of getting bad side effects like brain zaps. I feel like I feel weird already but that could be from worrying.  Just 6 hours until the pharmacy opens anyway.

Then you'll be fine!!! Just make sure next time you'll refill in time. I've had the brain zaps, but only after a week. I quit cold turkey. Worst decision ever made, but I still survived!!

Thank you for the reassurance. The pharmacy called and said it was ready so everything's okay now.  Things started going wrong at the same time and I got sick so that's why I forgot.