Sign in to follow this  
Jen40

Shaking/anxiety every morning-2 weeks on Celexa

Hi everyone and Happy New Year. Hope this is a better year for all of us.  For 2 weeks I've been on Celexa 20mg and also Klonopin.  Overall my anxiety and lack of appetite have improved somewhat but I still wake up every morning either just feeling shaky or having a full anxiety attack.  I know that shaking is a side effect of Celexa but I feel by now it should be getting better.  I'm concerned and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and how long it lasted.

For esc to kick in, it takes 4 to 8 weeks, in between, you just have to suffer it up. Shakiness and anxiety are not side effects of esc, quite the opposite. But, esc is primarily against depression, not so much against anxiety attacks. Therefore a lot of doctors, like in my case, prescribe beside esc also an anti anxiety meds, like xanax for example, to be taken only in the case that you feel an attack coming or that you have an anxiety attack - meaning, not to be taken regulary, but only when you really have such a problem. It worked in my case, I had shakes and attacks and 0,5 xanax helped almost immediately - in 20 minutes at most. Now I take it very rarely, as the shakes and attacks almost completely stopped. So, concerning depression, you will have to wait till the meds kick in, and maybe you should ask your doctor if he can change Klonopin to xanax - among others, Klonopin is not adviced for people with a depression. But ask a professional doctor first, as I am definitely not a one.

I saw my doctor today.  The shakiness is one of the side effects of celexa.  We talked about the side effects and so far I've just been experiencing the typical side effects.  I know I need to just give the celexa more time to kick in.  The doctor says celexa is for both depression and general anxiety disorder and when it fully kicks in my anxiety will be better.  I have to give it at least a couple more weeks and quit whining I guess. I worry too much sometimes, that's all.  Everything has improved over the last 2 weeks.  I used to feel nervous all the time and could never concentrate on anything.  I could barely function.

I  have to point out that general anxiety disorder  is not the same as panic attacks. So, if you have panic attacks, which to differentitate from general disorder which is constant, happen and go, maybe you need something against panic attacks, just in case when one happens. I had the same condition, that is depression with time to time panic attacks - which mostly happened in the day after drinking, between noon and two pm, after drinking too much coffee - dont ask me why...  So, in case of feeling of an upcoming attack, I had to take 0,5 xanax - which kicks in in  about ten minutes and works for an hour, what is enough.

But then, we are all very different personalities, with different conditions, so my case is definitely not something to be generalized. Just my five, very unmedical, cents.

'

I just want to stop waking up feeling shaky.  This morning I woke up feeling shaky and a little dizzy for about an hour.  I told my doctor about that yesterday and we decided to give it a couple more weeks.