Sign in to follow this  
PDXLittlewing

Depressed for One Year (New here)

Hi. I've been battling depression for a year now. I'm in therapy and medicated. I'm so alone and it's uncomfortable for me to get out. I want to feel better but my fight is gone.

Im hoping to connect to others here. 

I'm also new here, my name is Ted. I have been depressed for 7 years, I'm 46. I'm having a really tough time with depression right now too. I also have Purely Obsessional OCD (very different from "stereotype" type OCD. I won't go into it, but it is interesting. Depression and not feeling like doing anything or being around people is what I do best, and it sucks, I feel paralyzed. My depression is from chronic pain, from the time I wake up, usually all day, and of course I have to obsess about it, I have OCD. You are not alone, I know how bad it sucks! Why me, what did I do to deserve this sh_t? What is my purpose? I could go for hours, but nobody except those of us who deal with it get it. I get it! Feel free to contact me. Welcome, even though you have been here 38 minutes longer. Ted

Hello,

I am also new here. I've been struggling with depression on and off (mostly on) for ten years now. Only now am I trying to connect to people going through similar battles. I know how uncomfortable it is to try and get out... Apparently the more you do it the easier it becomes, like muscles they need to be exercised to gain strength.

Hopefully we will be able to make some connections here.

here for more clichéd advice anytime,

MayRyan

ps. I want to end this reply with something you could respond to... Care to tell us more about your situation? (If this is too forward or not the place for these conversations, kindly disregard this message)