What is the magic of this forum for you?

Kisa

Yesterday I read a post about self hate and not being able to 'fix'it and wrote a reply. When I started writing I actually had no clue where I was going to go and created the idea of dissociate you from yourself and see yourself as a patient and help this patient. When I was finished, I actually thought that it is a good idea and might work for her.

This morning I realized, that this is actually the magic of this forum, you try to help others, who have the same or very similar problems like you, and unconsciously you find a way to help yourself, although most of the time you've thought you can't do anything to get yourself out of the misery. Now you have at least the idea of what might help you - following through is another topic.

Why are you here?

I am here because of the support I have found here.There are very kind people here.The support from people who are going through similar things has been very helpful to me.I also am here because I hope I can offer that support and understanding to others here.

The "magic" for  me is that I can speak openly about my depression and anxiety without fear of judgment. It's great to be able to interact with others who understand your predicament, and can offer real empathy and advice. It makes me feel less alone in the world.