Feeling Neglected By My Once 'Best Friend'

Kabuto

Hi guys,

My closest friend at one point is now too busy with his own life to make much time for me.   To some extent I understand:   he has a full time job, a girlfriend, and he lives a little away from me.   Even still:  it's hurtful when my once best friend no longer makes a large amount of time for me.   Especially considering that I don't have a huge amount of friends to begin with, sadly.   

What do you guys recommend?   I feel like if I confront him it'll only make things worse...

You can't force people to make time for you, confrontation would only lead to him withdrawing even more. The whole friendship thing is difficult, once people reach their late 20s they start prioritizing their time more and if they have a career and/or family they won't have much time left for their old friends. Never had much of a social life but once I hit 30 it got REALLY lonely, it sucks. It's also difficult to make new friends since most people at that age already have enough existing friends and aren't really looking for new ones. Sometimes I wish I could be 20 again... 

Ugh I'm just tired of everyone of these so called 'friends' neglecting me in my time of need.   It's not right....it freaking sucks.   I'm so tired of when people act like neglectful scumbags.

Edited by Kabuto

I know this is hard and I have touched on it before, but you have no right to impose yourself on anybody. If they want to move on you should let them and maybe you can move on for the better too.

Sorry if that sounds insensitive i once felt the same way then realized im not entitled to anyones friendship and i was lucky to have it all those years....

I have previously posted on this very site of a similar situation and to be honest it bothers me now and again but most times i can just blank it, i am happy for all the years of friendship but sometimes we all have to move on ye know like they say all good things must come to an end... 

I understand friendship is not an obligation but a privilege:   I get it.

Still:   being alone and trying to cope with life's hardships with a minimal support system...it's very difficult.   I really wish I had an easier way to get through this.