Sign in to follow this  
RiverLight

Positivity Thread ~ Anything Positive Happen Today?

I encountered a little puppy running down the street being chased by its owner and I was able to catch the puppy before it ran onto the main road 🙂 

When I was shopping I met an old guy struggling to carry some furniture on his own so I was able to help him.

I met a nice student in the queue while I was buying some food 😊

I made it home. It was raining hard on the way to my destination tonight, and for a second I didn't think we were going to make it. The whole time I was driving, I was tense and gripping the steering wheel like my life depended on it...which it pretty much did. 

On 8/26/2018 at 1:51 AM, evalynn said:

I made it home. It was raining hard on the way to my destination tonight, and for a second I didn't think we were going to make it. The whole time I was driving, I was tense and gripping the steering wheel like my life depended on it...which it pretty much did. 

I hate it when weather is like that and it makes your nerves on edge, least you got home safely :hugs:

1. Got some solid sleep after a five-hour ER drama with Mom last night.

2. Steered completely clear of her self-induced drama today (i.e., told her flat out I wasn't doing "tears" today...which amazingly turns off the spigot quickly) when I went to check on her meds, kitchen needs, etc.

It was nice and cool last night so I actually slept well for the first time in a few nights.

All the important things I needed to do today I managed to get done. 

I found my missing superman sock 😄

Happy woman served me at the shop today, it's hard to explain but she is always so bubbly and cheerful and wants to chat that you end up feeling better for being round her. 

I made the little kid in the shoe shop smile, he had a toy cow with him and I asked him what noise the cow makes and he was mooing with great gusto, I was tempted to pick up a shoe and ask him what noise that made but seeing as he obviously liked cows I could probably guess the answer 😄

I was able to give a tired looking person a lift in my car 🙂 

My husband woke me up with a surprise: he got tickets through pre-sale for the Siberian Orchestra in December! I'm really happy and surprised considering all the money we've been spending lately (new water heater 🤬, upcoming trip 👍🏽). But seeing the Siberian Orchestra has been on my bucket list for a while, so I'm really looking forward to it. 🙂