Sign in to follow this  
RiverLight

Positivity Thread ~ Anything Positive Happen Today?

Hello DF peeps! I thought we could use a positivity thread to share anything positive that happened today, or maybe an inspirational quote that helped you, or anything positive that may help others, or really anything positive that you feel like sharing!

For starters, I will share one positive thing for today. Today I am inspired in my career for the first time in months. I went through a lull after many disappointing interviews that led to no jobs. Actually, I was really pretty depressed about that outcome for a while and stopped trying so hard in my job. But today I found a professional certification course that I am really excited about. This course will help lead my career in the direction that I want and land the kind of job that I want. So I can't wait! =) YAY! :Coopclapping:

:flowers:

10 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

That's awesome, River!

Today I'm going to meet a friend who I haven't seen in ages.  I'm nervous about it but also happy.  I hope it will go well.

Oh I'm happy for you, Cat!!! That's so great. I hope you have a wonderful time.. there's nothing like catching up with old friends. =) I'm sure the nervousness will drop quickly enough. HUGS!

1 minute ago, Natasha1 said:

i get to do my multi day hike at one point. a long one. planning and buying supplies

That's awesome! I went on a big backpacking trip a couple months ago, and it's fun.

45 minutes ago, RiverLight said:
Advertisement

Hello DF peeps! I thought we could use a positivity thread to share anything positive that happened today, or maybe an inspirational quote that helped you, or anything positive that may help others, or really anything positive that you feel like sharing!

For starters, I will share one positive thing for today. Today I am inspired in my career for the first time in months. I went through a lull after many disappointing interviews that led to no jobs. Actually, I was really pretty depressed about that outcome for a while and stopped trying so hard in my job. But today I found a professional certification course that I am really excited about. This course will help lead my career in the direction that I want and land the kind of job that I want. So I can't wait! =) YAY! :Coopclapping:

:flowers:

Riv, you startimg.rhis thread contributed in makimg.me.smile!

4 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

one day ill go solo from mexico to BC

Dang! I only covered thirty miles and you're planning to go so far!

;)

Also; about to my destination after driving 6 hours.

Edited by Jalen

Oh! I have another positive for today.... my wonderful boyfriend sent the sweetest most endearing text while I was sleeping. Waking up to that message made me feel so warm and well loved. Wish I could frame it, lol.

My cousin one upped my dark comment and made me laugh hysterically and I'm eating this cookie for dinner 

Edited by Tungsten Aromatics
Photo in violation of ToS.

Not to high jack the thread, but I am drinking a Red bull now :) I'm going to try easing my med withdrawal by taking a fourth of my remeron dose, so I can handle a little more caffeine right now.

Amazing idea Riv, I love that you made this thread! Always awesome to read about members who are focusing on the positive and sharing that with others! I'm so proud of you and happy that you decided to do this!!!!

:roll2:           :roll2:                         :roll2:

17 hours ago, LouisRiel said:

My cousin one upped my dark comment and made me laugh hysterically and I'm eating this cookie for dinner 

OMG, that is the most delicious looking dinner cookie!!! LOL. Too funny. :roll2:

1 hour ago, carter_burn1 said:

Amazing idea Riv, I love that you made this thread! Always awesome to read about members who are focusing on the positive and sharing that with others! I'm so proud of you and happy that you decided to do this!!!!

:roll2:           :roll2:                         :roll2:

Awwwwww thanks!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

An antidepressant warning about supposedly increasing suicide risks in teens and young adults finally includes real information about how these conditions increase these risks in the first place :tear2: Finally 12 years after the horror of black box warnings things have improved slightly.

Updated warning

Antidepressants may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts or actions in children, teenagers, and young adults. However, depression and certain other mental problems may also increase the risk of suicide. Talk with the patient's doctor to be sure that the benefits of using escitalopram outweigh the risks.

Edited by LouisRiel