Jump to content

Could really use a distraction this morning, if anyone is free. Super anxious since waking(again), and it just won't shake


Recommended Posts

Don't mean to be a bother, or come off as complaining. But I've tried music, and tv, and cleaning, and playing a game on my phone, calling my dad.. Nothing is helping this anxiety today. And I absolutely hate feeling like this. So I thought checking in on all of you to see how you're doing may help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi KellyB79,

Im so sorry to hear about your anxiety, but I congratulate you for asking for help. Unfortunately I have to leave for my physician, so I can't be there for you. Breathing exercises help me with anxiety, depression, and pain. Lay down on a blanket or mat, close your eyes, feel your body, feel were it touches the ground, breath deep, very conscious, feel the air go into your lungs, hold it for a short time, breath out.

Slow down your breath-in/out cycles, then start to do variations, breath shallow, breath deep, breath into your breast, breath into your belly. While slowing down reduces the anxiety and prevents you from going into panic mood, the other exercises may help you to keep the anxiety down. Or even get rid of it. It might take some time, but when you do it often enough, just laying down on the mat is a positive trigger for your brain that you're going to relax. At least it works for me.

Have to go, hope it helps you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Kelly :)

I've been struggling with it the past few days myself. 

Do number 3 on this list, the Gyan Mudra. It will immediately relax your body, mind and nerves. You can do it as long as you like whenever you like. This is the first thing I suggest because it's so simple and effective. It should work within just a few minutes.

Number 2 on this list OM mantra also immediately relaxes you. It re-balances your nervous system and induces a state of calm and peace.

Change your physiology. When I feel it coming on I force a smile and laughter. Your body can't help but switch to a more positive state of being. Also infuse as much positive thoughts into your mind. Just force them if you have to. I'll go for a walk and get fresh air or put on TV or play a video or anything I can to shift my focus elsewhere.

I also use phenibut which naturally alleviates anxiety and makes me feel happier and calmer. I just used it last night again and it always comes through when I need it to. Almonds are good to because they contain magnesium which is very calming and good for your nervous system. I consume fruit/veggie smoothies to replenish my nervous system and I always feel better after drinking one. Avoid crap foods or sugars as they tend to trigger nervousness.

Ask the Universe or your Higher Self to help you out. Ask it to take away your worries and anxieties and leave you with peace and tranquility and safety. You might be surprised at how well this actually works. Just give it a shot, there's nothing to lose with this approach.

And if all else fails...breathe very slowly and gently.....

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you're ever need to chat :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Standup.. You totally get it. Is how I feel pretty much every day now. I don't try to. I always try to see the positive in every situation, no matter what mood I'm in or what's going on at the time. Sometimes that's easier said than done though. Which I know you get too. And "stuck"is the perfect word to describe the feeling. 

Kisa, thank you for helping even while you're busy. It's greatly appreciated. I have worked on breathing techniques, but haven't done so well at that. So I'm gonna try your approach. Never know unless you try right. 

Natasha1, it's tough that's for sure. I know what things I could/should do in these moments as well, but you don't always tend to use logic when feeling that way in the moment. All of that goes out the window it seems like right then doesn't it? And though I know people mean well, I can't stand being told to calm down or sit while freaking out. That's what my family says a lot. That's the last thing I can do right then. So I just try to breathe, and find something to focus myself on with my eyes and mind til it eases up. Because sometimes it gets so bad, I actually feel like I'm gonna die. This anxiety can totally make you feel like you're losing control, and it sucks. But we will ALL get through it together. 

DurandalBlue, thank you for sharing that. I'll most definitely check that out, and try whatever is on there. You also have a lot of great ideas as well. And have no idea how much I needed this today, and appreciate the help and suggestions. 

Thank you all so much for being here for me today. Not sure what my deal is lately, but it's been intense. So this group has really come through for me. And I am so grateful to you all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kellyb79 said:

Natasha1, it's tough that's for sure. I know what things I could/should do in these moments as well, but you don't always tend to use logic when feeling that way in the moment. All of that goes out the window it seems like right then doesn't it? And though I know people mean well, I can't stand being told to calm down or sit while freaking out. That's what my family says a lot. That's the last thing I can do right then. So I just try to breathe, and find something to focus myself on with my eyes and mind til it eases up. Because sometimes it gets so bad, I actually feel like I'm gonna die. This anxiety can totally make you feel like you're losing control, and it sucks. But we will ALL get through it together. 

I know...that logic doesn't apply to us it seems. No one understands. I've been told to "just get over it." or "it's all in your head!" Oh save it. Honestly!!! The feeling of not getting air in is the most scary thing ever, they will never ever understand it. :(

We WILL get through it together. I'm so glad you brought this up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

I know...that logic doesn't apply to us it seems. No one understands. I've been told to "just get over it." or "it's all in your head!" Oh save it. Honestly!!! The feeling of not getting air in is the most scary thing ever, they will never ever understand it. :(

We WILL get through it together. I'm so glad you brought this up.

Agreed. And I'm glad I brought this up too. It's nice to finally not have to worry about holding my feelings in anymore, just because of what others may think our how they may judge. I see I don't ever have to worry about that here. I simply can't say thank you enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kellyb79 said:

Agreed. And I'm glad I brought this up too. It's nice to finally not have to worry about holding my feelings in anymore, just because of what others may think our how they may judge. I see I don't ever have to worry about that here. I simply can't say thank you enough. 

I'm really glad to read this.  I can't begin to say how many times I've been unable to be myself, especially around guys but often with my own family, who are hardly in a position to judge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gs22 said:

I'm really glad to read this.  I can't begin to say how many times I've been unable to be myself, especially around guys but often with my own family, who are hardly in a position to judge. 

Oh, I totally understand the feeling of not being able to be yourself. I'm a very social outgoing person, and a big talker. Especially when I'm upset about something. I hate bottling things up because it makes me feel worse. Yet I find myself having to keep to myself more often than not with this stuff for that very reason. I get it. It sucks, and isn't right. But that's why we have each other on here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...