Sign in to follow this  
Halfmoon

What does the effects of ADHD/ADD medicine feel like?

I will have a psyciatrist appointment regarding possible ADD in the coming months. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the effects of the medication? What do the effects feel like - what are the positive and negative ones?

It really depends on the type of drug. Ritalin and Concerta worked OK for me, no side effects at all and slightly improved concentration. Amphetamine-based drugs such as Adderall and Dexedrine work really well in my experience, I was able to focus on tasks that I have never been able to focus on before, no random thoughts that would usually distract me from the task at hand. They did however have side effects:

Positive: More energy and motivation, depression symptoms almost completely disappeared, little to no appetite (eating is not a problem though, you just have to remember to do it)

Negative: Faster heart rate, difficulty falling asleep, dry mouth, anxiety when the drug wears off

On 18.11.2016 at 7:32 PM, lonelyforeigner said:

It really depends on the type of drug. Ritalin and Concerta worked OK for me, no side effects at all and slightly improved concentration. Amphetamine-based drugs such as Adderall and Dexedrine work really well in my experience, I was able to focus on tasks that I have never been able to focus on before, no random thoughts that would usually distract me from the task at hand. They did however have side effects:

Positive: More energy and motivation, depression symptoms almost completely disappeared, little to no appetite (eating is not a problem though, you just have to remember to do it)

Negative: Faster heart rate, difficulty falling asleep, dry mouth, anxiety when the drug wears off

Thanks for your answer.

Do the positives and negatives differ between for example Ritalin and Adderall? Or are the effects the same?

On 11/18/2016 at 0:32 PM, lonelyforeigner said:

That has been how it has effected me to yesterday, I took my dose after not taking it for a while, and damn I got stuff done without it I can barely function I walk around like Im chong people have thought I was on p ot or  im so bad not knowing *** im doing for the day, with it im so much more organized. A negative effect I have noticed halfmoon has been, a mild withdrawl if I take it for a long time then stop, I noticed my mood gets worse to when it wears off