Sign in to follow this  
Kabuto

2016 Election

Hi everyone,

I'll make it no secret that I'm supporting Hillary Clinton in this coming election (Not because I like Hillary, but because I really don't like Trump).    (And if anyone sides with Trump, though I most certainly question the logic due to his callous behavior, I'm not trying to offend anyone).   

Anyway:   I'd have wanted to make calls for her campaign, but my ADD tendencies got in the way, with a mix of slight social anxiety.   I feel like I wish I did more.   And I'm not going to lie:  I've been anxious these last couple of days- very anxious.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on:   it's really a shame that this 2016 election has produced so much anger and anxiety in the American populous.   I really can't wait for it all to be over.  

(With the hopes I expressed earlier)

Edited by Kabuto

I can't wait for to be over so I that way I can sit down and watch TV with out seeing an ad for it. Personally I think it's not going to be good either way no matter who wins or loses. I am one of those people that does not fit into any political group I think they all have some good ideas and some bad ideas, so I don't agree with anyone but I don't disagree with anyone either.

I wanted to comment on this but the subject brings up a lot of strong emotions in me so out of respect for the other people on here I wont go into detail, I will just say I don't like either of them and leave it at that. 

40 minutes ago, Kabuto said:
Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I'll make it no secret that I'm supporting Hillary Clinton in this coming election (Not because I like Hillary, but because I really don't like Trump).    (And if anyone sides with Trump, though I most certainly question the logic due to his callous behavior, I'm not trying to offend anyone).   

Anyway:   I'd have wanted to make calls for her campaign, but my ADD tendencies got in the way, with a mix of slight social anxiety.   I feel like I wish I did more.   And I'm not going to lie:  I've been anxious these last couple of days- very anxious.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on:   it's really a shame that this 2016 election has produced so much anger and anxiety in the American populous.   I really can't wait for it all to be over.  

(With the hopes I expressed earlier)

Just use it as a way to challenge your fears,im supporting Hilary Clinton because I liked bill Clinton, I followed Hilary during the 2008 primary and wanted her to beat obama. She is one of the most forward thinking polticans she understands that the world is becoming more intergrated, and we need to compete with other countries by focusing on new technology, kinda like obama, who is now my second favorite president only behind FDR, and bill got bumped to third on my list, we will see where Hilary lands on it after she becomes president. Make sure you register to vote kabuto I voted by mail already and when I get my life together im going to start working on campaigning for democratic candidates in new jersey.

I, too, will share your sense of relief. The election has brought out schisms in my very mixed social circle - a small amalgamation of American demographics - a group of guys who otherwise are "live and let live" because we have other interests we've shared in common for years.  It's damaged some relationships, I hope not irretrievably.  About all I've been able to do is cast my early vote and, best as I'm able, tell myself I'm done with it.

I'm not going to get political. All I can say is that I dislike Trump and Hilary equally and if Trump is elected president of the States the world is gonna see some pretty weird X'D. In that sense I can't wait to see the result; but I'm a bit of a misanthrope like that...

I cannot stand Donald Trump, and it's caused division even in my own home.

Ironic that Melania made a speech yesterday saying she's very upset by people who bully others on the Internet.  Not unlike the p**** bow blouse she wore to the debate, she is either one of the shrewdest trolls  in American politics or one of the dumbest women to walk on American soil.  Is she that unaware of what her own husband (and his supporters) have been doing??  Is she going to take away his cell phone and deactivate his Twitter account?  I can't wait for Donald to be defeated.....please, God. 

2 minutes ago, herba said:

I'm not going to get political. All I can say is that I dislike Trump and Hilary equally and if Trump is elected president of the States the world is gonna see some pretty weird X'D. In that sense I can't wait to see the result; but I'm a bit of a misanthrope like that...

To those who don't like Hillary as much, let me say this:  I don't like her either, but we could always impeach her after she's elected if she's guilty of everything they say she is.  You can't impeach Trump for being a sexist/xenophobic/racist pig.  Elect her, then impeach her if she bothers everyone so much. 

Just now, Audrey822 said:

To those who don't like Hillary as much, let me say this:  I don't like her either, but we could always impeach her after she's elected if she's guilty of everything they say she is.  You can't impeach Trump for being a sexist/xenophobic/racist pig.  Elect her, then impeach her if she bothers everyone so much. 

I see the world a bit differently than most. I don't believe in the functions of capitalism and democracy because these systems have both failed and it is the same failure of these systems which have given us a two-party system and candidates like Hilary and Trump.

But seriously I'll stop here because this is the kind of thing that makes me get waaay carried away X'D

7 minutes ago, herba said:

I see the world a bit differently than most. I don't believe in the functions of capitalism and democracy because these systems have both failed and it is the same failure of these systems which have given us a two-party system and candidates like Hilary and Trump.

But seriously I'll stop here because this is the kind of thing that makes me get waaay carried away X'D

I don't disagree with you on this. :Coopwink:

32 minutes ago, Audrey822 said:

damn im the only one who likes Hilary and im in the trump demographic. It's sad that people only vote against someone not for someone.

I really dislike how polarized this election cycle has become. However, as I have plenty of strong political opinions of my own... I would never deny a person the right to their own beliefs, no matter how much I disagree with them.

More than anything, I hope that on election day, everyone who is able goes to vote. And that their chosen candidate is one they respect and who shares their ideals, rather than simply the lesser of two evils.

5 minutes ago, SugaredSloth said:

I really dislike how polarized this election cycle has become. However, as I have plenty of strong political opinions of my own... I would never deny a person the right to their own beliefs, no matter how much I disagree with them.

More than anything, I hope that on election day, everyone who is able goes to vote. And that their chosen candidate is one they respect and who shares their ideals, rather than simply the lesser of two evils.

It sounds like this every election I don't understand it, I would just write someone in if it wasn't someone I liked or vote for a third party candidate

11 minutes ago, scienceguy said:

we will plunder all your maple syrup.

Oh, yeah . . . ??? I'm happy to share my own supply with you, no need to take such draconian measures :roll2: