The Little Things

Natasha1

I've mentioned the moon several times.  I have an avid interest in all sorts of moons.  It is nearly a full moon.  I was disappointed while on my walk I could barely make it out due to cloud coverage.  But this is one of those little things I find special.  The moon is closest to the earth it's been in years, which is why it appears an arm's length away.  I don't understand why it follows me.

this morning...5 AM im up as usual...eventually it was light out. snow on top of my mountain and the sun bursted through the overcast murky sky. the sun is my ultimate favourite thing in this life.

seeing the sun shining on that snow. thats my little thing today.

On 11/13/2016 at 5:57 AM, gs22 said:

I've mentioned the moon several times.  I have an avid interest in all sorts of moons.  It is nearly a full moon.  I was disappointed while on my walk I could barely make it out due to cloud coverage.  But this is one of those little things I find special.  The moon is closest to the earth it's been in years, which is why it appears an arm's length away.  I don't understand why it follows me.

The moon. Yes.

On November 20, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Natasha1 said:

this morning...5 AM im up as usual...eventually it was light out. snow on top of my mountain and the sun bursted through the overcast murky sky. the sun is my ultimate favourite thing in this life.

seeing the sun shining on that snow. thats my little thing today.

Mountains, rivers, clouds, sun, rain, rainbows - enjoying a beautiful view, smell, and sound are actually the BIG things in my life. Nature is my escape, it keeps me sane, it keeps me alive - I imagine being the eagle floating above me, it's so overwhelmingly beautiful and powerful that it can get me out of my depression into a short, almost painful burst of happiness.

And then there are the small things: signing up for ikea family card, I had to make a cross for my income,  in the past I was somewhere in the middle, this time I was below the lowest, I have actually just a third of their lowest. This one cross got me. One f..... cross and my entire misery hit me. 

I know this was not the intention of this topic, but I used to see both sides of a coin. To get out of my 'misery' I started reading posts - it helps a lot knowing that I am not alone.

semantics are funny arent they? i always think of your big things as little because they are natural. their effect sure is big though.

your first paragraph is exactly my thoughts feelings and my everything really...the exception being my family of course.