Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

Donate Now   11/12/2017

Give the gift that will keep on giving. Donate Now  Thank you and have a healthy, joyful and peaceful holiday season.   Lindsay Reday Forum Administrator, Founder LGJ Managing Director, Owner LioninWinters Administrative Technician 

Natasha1

The Little Things

113 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Advertisement

I don't know, sometimes it's the little things that can help. Is there anything, any tiny little thing that let's a ray of sun in through the shades? It can be something so little, like "Oh cool, putting my panty hose on didn't cause a run!" (Hmmmm, do people even still wear panty hose?? lol)

These can be things that make you think, "Huh! that's a good start to the day!" or "Hey, that's something I like." It doesn't have to be a grateful thing, just a tiny little thing that makes your moment.

Me: I love my washer/dryer lol. Our last ones needed replacing a few months ago and we got a fancy set. I can't have the spin on anything higher than low because the damned washer goes crazy...remember Mr. Mom? It also does a wonderful job washing our clothes, you could actually tell the difference!  I'm not much of a cleaner, housework never gets done in this place, part of my problems I guess. Drives my husband crazy. But there's lots of "Natasha Piles" as he likes to call them. My way of organizing with the ADHD which isn't being treated right now.

Such a silly thing, but it sometimes makes me WANT to do laundry, no matter how overwhelming of a task that seems to be in the moment.

Edited by Natasha1
Title typo

You might also be interested in:

First of all, no.  No one still wears pantyhose.  They get runs, and, I don't know about you, but I'm tired of dabbing nail polish on them to stop the run.  Secondly, no one likes high-maintenance clothing.  You should be able to dump them in the machine without worrying that they'll reinvent themselves into another style.  Too bad they can't automatically transfer themselves to the dryer.  I also love my washer-dryer, and the friendly tinkle tinkle sounds they make. 

The thing that gets me off to a good start is blasting my trance music from my speakers.

Edited by gs22

Posted · Report post  

I like how my washer/dryer sing "The Trout" by Schubert to let me know it has finished its task. One of my favourite pieces. Ooh ooh @Throwaway that's another piece to relax to!!

Posted · Report post  

14 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

I like how my washer/dryer sing "The Trout" by Schubert to let me know it has finished its task. One of my favourite pieces. Ooh ooh @Throwaway that's another piece to relax to!!

i like Frédéric Chopin - Prelude in E-Minor (op.28 no. 4) , but that one is sad as well :\

Posted · Report post  

hmmm....which polonaise is it that I'm thinking about. Let me look it up...ooh ooh you can try the slavonik dances...god who wrote those ones, the fun ones, I know there's several, maybe it was Bartok?

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, Natasha1 said:
Advertisement

I don't know, sometimes it's the little things that can help. Is there anything, any tiny little thing that let's a ray of sun in through the shades?

sometimes i think that when i get home from uni, i will go and buy ice cream...sometimes it makes my day, sometimes i feel nothing...

something else.....when it's winter and i put my feet on the heater and look out the window

Posted · Report post  

For some reason, Life keeps placing "insects in trouble" in my path and although it is a little thing, I enjoy helping them.  Last night it was a little spider caught in a glass bowl that was too slick for him or her to crawl out of.  Yesterday it was a little bug that was trapped on the train.  Sometimes it is just walking somewhere without stepping on any little critter walking beneath my feet.  I don't know . . . makes me feel like I am at one with Life on some level and brightens my day or night. 

Posted · Report post  

Crocheting always makes me happy, same with coloring. I love sitting outside in the early morning in Autumn  enjoying the leaves dancing in the breeze.

I miss walking home from school when I was in HS, and I didn't have a care in the world.  It's the memory of it that's at once uplifting and calming.

Edited by gs22

Posted · Report post  

Natasha, it made me smile to think about you loving your washer/dryer. Someone once told me if they can't sleep they take all their warm clothes out of the dryer and throw it on themselves in bed. The heat puts them to sleep.

A telephone call from my friend today let a ray of sun in through the shade .

Posted · Report post  

Music is one of the things that helps.It reminds me of happier times.I listen to alot of sad music too but I feel it helps me feel less alone in my feelings.I also like doing arts and crafts and shopping.

Posted · Report post  

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, gs22 said:

First of all, no.  No one still wears pantyhose.  They get runs, and, I don't know about you, but I'm tired of dabbing nail polish on them to stop the run.  Secondly, no one likes high-maintenance clothing.  You should be able to dump them in the machine without worrying that they'll reinvent themselves into another style.  Too bad they can't automatically transfer themselves to the dryer.  I also love my washer-dryer, and the friendly tinkle tinkle sounds they make. 

The thing that gets me off to a good start is blasting my trance music from my speakers.

I still wear pantyhose.  :ermm:

Posted · Report post  

Just now, Natasha1 said:

lol! then your little thing is the neat texture panty hose gives your legs! :)

...with little squirrel leg hairs sticking out...

heh

Posted · Report post  

When I watch spongebob I'm happy.  I try to make everything perfect to be happy but he just shows up he steals the show.  It's like the best improv people.  They know how to get people's attention.  When Chris Farly said I'm not supposed to be here.  I thought wow everyone payed attention.  I want to be the person that everyone pays attention to.

Posted · Report post  

seeing my poinsettias turn to red. its a lot of work because i have so many. i can never bring myself to let them die...i think people think they are dead when all of the leaves fall off so they dump them. makes me cringe when anyone kills living plants.

and ive also noticed the actual flowers budding in the center. 

little things. just little.