Loss of Appetite?

2 months on Wellbutrin, and I've noticed a loss of appetite. I'm new to this pill, maybe if this has been talked about before you could let me know.

I actually forget to eat. I've lost weight, (I was glad to lose a little) but a friend told me I looked pale, because of all the times I forget to eat. I get preoccupied, and food seems less appealing. Thoughts?

That's a common side effect of Bupropion. I too lost appetite. Bupropion stopped stress/depressed-eating. I'd wait until my stomach growls to eat, even then I don't enjoy the food nearly as much as I used to. After one slice of pizza, I'm totally satisfied. I started not liking meat that much. I'm now eating tofu and edamame, and protein drinks to supplement. I'm delighted that I shed 15lbs so far, another 5 lbs to go to be back to what I weighed a year and a half ago before taking antidepressants. 

Also, I completely stopped drinking. Well, I know you're not supposed to drink when on antidepressants, but I did, 'cause it was the easiest way to melt away my stress and fall asleep at night. At one point, when I was on Effexor I believe, I'd drink over half a bottle every single night ... and get munchies and snacked until I'm ready to go to bed, and that was the happiest time of the day. I didn't have any bad incidents from drinking, but I started to worry, am I developing alcohol dependence? Tried to cut down, but it was hard for a weak-willed person such as myself :(  Now, after taking Bupropion about five months, I have no desire to drink, alcohol doesn't give me a euphoric feeling anymore.

Edited by Irene Iesu

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2016 at 10:08 AM, Irene Iesu said:

That's a common side effect of Bupropion. I too lost appetite. Bupropion stopped stress/depressed-eating. I'd wait until my stomach growls to eat, even then I don't enjoy the food nearly as much as I used to. After one slice of pizza, I'm totally satisfied. I started not liking meat that much. I'm now eating tofu and edamame, and protein drinks to supplement. I'm delighted that I shed 15lbs so far, another 5 lbs to go to be back to what I weighed a year and a half ago before taking antidepressants. 

Also, I completely stopped drinking. Well, I know you're not supposed to drink when on antidepressants, but I did, 'cause it was the easiest way to melt away my stress and fall asleep at night. At one point, when I was on Effexor I believe, I'd drink over half a bottle every single night ... and get munchies and snacked until I'm ready to go to bed, and that was the happiest time of the day. I didn't have any bad incidents from drinking, but I started to worry, am I developing alcohol dependence? Tried to cut down, but it was hard for a weak-willed person such as myself :(  Now, after taking Bupropion about five months, I have no desire to drink, alcohol doesn't give me a euphoric feeling anymore.

I get this too. I started taking 150mg in July, and about a week ago upped the dose to 300mg. When I first started taking it I already wasn't eating that much...my diet consisted of quesadillas, banana/spinach smoothies, and PB&Js, and I 'd eat two of those things a day most of the time. I was crying a LOT, so it made me not want to eat. When I started taking it I became way more active and significantly more energetic, but didn't eat much more, just more of a variety. Now that I'm on 300mg I'm not usually very hungry, and I'll eat a few pieces of toast and a protein bar and then usually more toast/crackers for dinner. Only time I eat a decent meal is if I'm eating with my boyfriend. I also quit drinking/going to parties, so getting drunk and snacking isn't a thing for me anymore either.