Sign in to follow this  
su3842

Do I have a condition ?

hi guys, I am here to ask some suggestion about my condition, Am I depressed ? is my question. I work with multiple research teams, I work with many people, but since few years I always felt stressful when talking to them in meetings and discussions, my research progress, I feel, is at its lowest, I take long time to do small things, I postpone things some time because of lack of interest, hence lot of unwelcome comments or body language from the people (who are a level higher than me) but I am the guy who have to do all the work and they fetch what they need. I have prolonged time of sadness and stress thinking about this. I found a nice opportunity in a good company but I am not feeling happy about it because I couldn’t prove my ability in this job. But few years before, I was not like this, I was always very energetic and interested to do things, I did my PhD as well, all this feelings and stress started during my 2nd year of PhD(age 29), I was down to lowest energy, now I feel still worse (age 32). I do not know how I can get back, as of now, I am low on confidence, low on energy n interest, and a lot of fear of failure. Before any presentation or deadline I feel huge amount of stress. I do not know whom to contact, do I have a situation ? thanks for any help.

Edited by su3842

Hi su3842!

I'm not a mental health professional, but I'd advise you to contact one, they will be better at classifying your situation and initiate the necessary steps from there. From my amateur perspective, you have a lot of symptoms that are indicative of a depression so it could very well be the case. Reaching out is helpful either way.

Kind regards and best wishes!

It's possible something like depression is going on, or it can be the prolonged anxiety and stress wearing you down which it can certainly do. I agree with above it's probably a good idea to talk to a professional to see what it is.