Sign in to follow this  
Nikita1

High Functioning Depression?

I don't think they would differ that much from low functioning, maybe aside from severity. So I'd guess a high functioning person would have the diagnosis of more dysthymia as opposed to major depressive disorder?

The symptoms of depression are same regardless of a person's level of functioning.  Sadness/depressed mood, loss of interest in activities, fatigue, change in sleep, appetite changes, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, reduced concentration, & thoughts of suicide are all symptoms of depression. Severity depends on the level of impairment the symptoms cause.  If you are experiencing at least 5 of these symptoms most days you may be experiencing a depressive episode and should seek professional help.

High Functioning Depression?

I'm usually not depressed, but there are times in the middle of the night where I wake up, and feel like absolute . Its moreso I just don't really enjoy anything, and I don't really get exicted about anything. Then there's "I feel like almost everyone doesn't like me, and they are talking negatively about me."  I have tons of self-doubt, and Im so so self critictal about myself. I also have a really bad memory, and can't remember where I put things.

The worst part? I'm so irritable to the point of where every little thing bugs me. I

But... I'm motivated, and I tend to do a lot(and... if I don't I feel lazy.)  Applied to 5 jobs, send in volunteer application, and I work out(5-6x times a week.)