Sign in to follow this  
ComputerLove

Need Some Motivation.

For the past several months I have been planning on making an exposed video on a  YouTuber I feel is toxic to the community. I have my research and I have created a script on the points I will be discussing in my video. However, I keep putting off making this video due to my poor mood. Does anyone know any tips or tools on how to stop procrastinating?  Any insight or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Some things that have helped me with procrastination include:

-Getting all of my responsibilities/chores out of the way first so they are not lingering at the back of my mind
-Breaking the activity down into steps that way I can focus in on one step at a time.
-Spend just 5 minutes on the activity and call that a victory. If you can do more, then keep at it. Then the next day add 5 more minutes to working on that activity and keep on working on spending more time on the activity. It can depend on the activity, but I found this strategy worked really well when I was practicing guitar. It can be hard and frustrating learning musical instruments, but I would just add on 5ish minutes each time I could.

However, if you are feeling in an emotionally sensitive mindset I sort of question the subject of the video you are going to make. May I suggest that rather than exposing this one youtuber, you could make your video outlining what you think makes a positive community and what makes a toxic community. Having a more neutral stance would have less pressure to major criticism, and more room for constructive discussion.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts, goodluck!

When I lack motivation and energy I just force myself to accept I'm exhausted but for one day will get to it. I get up drink a few coffees and just have the mentality of forcing it for one day.  It helps me to try to think of just one day at a time instead of the unyielding pressures of the entire future and all of my goals. 

Have u tried getting some feedback from others regarding your plan? I'm all for stopping harmful people ! But sometimes I ask people who's opinion I value for their thoughts on something I'm considering. My best friend has stopped me a few times from doing something foolish. 

This Youtuber makes fun of children with mental illness, thus I feel this person needs to be criticized for their actions, however there are many other reasons this youtuber is an ass@ole that I will address in my video. Thus, this video isn't just an exposed video. Also, Many Youtubers have exposed this person, but I have found out some information on this person that will prove this person is a lot worse than others on the community have initially thought. Took me a while to find the information, but I feel I have a strong case. Also, I want to make this video because I want to make a good video that will be thought provoking. With that being said, I will never be emotionally attached or sensitive when making this video, as I have no hate towards this person I just hate what they stand for.