Donate Now Read more... ×

I know that this is probably going to sound stupid, but this website has been my life line, specifically the chat room. I know that they are doing things to fix it and to help moderate it better but I feel completely lost without it. The friendships that I built in there, knowing that when I was feeling down I could always come there and by the time I left, I was feeling much better. I like to think of you all as my friends, and I know I have friends in my town but it's like there was a deeper level of understanding here. I am just afraid of losing that and going off the deep end again. It literally scares me. I just miss it. 

I agree, even as a completely new member chat has saved me many times from falling deeper into depression, talking to people in chat made me feel understood. I hope they do something :(

I am a new member... who also found the chat line very helpful.... I was totally confused over the weekend when I was unable to get on... and today learned I did not have the requisite posts to enter? Really bummed me out....I did not know anything about the post rule, and had been getting on fine before that. That real connection with people at the end of the day... helped transition into my lonely existence after work. The notice I received when I tried to get into the chat room was I need 20 posts.... (I am assuming non-chat posts) before I can use the chat room. So maybe this will count as post one? I am a depressed person who gets overwhelmed when things get complicated.... I am barely getting through my day to day life and hoped this forum would provide a place of solace... as I feel I spend most of my time, pretending to get by, fearful I am going to loose it at anytime. 

57 minutes ago, lex333 said:

I am a new member... who also found the chat line very helpful.... I was totally confused over the weekend when I was unable to get on... and today learned I did not have the requisite posts to enter? Really bummed me out....I did not know anything about the post rule, and had been getting on fine before that. That real connection with people at the end of the day... helped transition into my lonely existence after work. The notice I received when I tried to get into the chat room was I need 20 posts.... (I am assuming non-chat posts) before I can use the chat room. So maybe this will count as post one? I am a depressed person who gets overwhelmed when things get complicated.... I am barely getting through my day to day life and hoped this forum would provide a place of solace... as I feel I spend most of my time, pretending to get by, fearful I am going to loose it at anytime. 

I think they're still trying to work out the problems with chat, but if you want to make sure you have the minimum # of posts, go to the DF Water Cooler or The Forum Café sections of the site and answer questions or play games to quickly and easily up your post count.

41 minutes ago, lex333 said:

I spoke a little too soon, (though am grateful for your help). I could not find the DF Water Cooler or Forum Cafe? Do you know where they are hiding (ie what tab)???? Thanks again.

http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/forum/70-depression-road-to-recovery/

(On the forums home page, the "Depression--Road to Recovery" section is at the bottom of the page.)