Sign in to follow this  
GrungeGrrl

Feeling Heavy, Slow and Tired even after a good nights sleep. Apathy/anhedonia too..

I feel like I'm slowly turning into a pile of lead. I'm only 27 years old..

I don't feel like doing anything. I don't have any motivation. I'm super tired. My memory is fading away.

I'm not on meds...I'm super sensitive to any medications. The one I'm prescribed is Prozac and it's 10mg. If I would take it, I would take half or even less to see how my body reacts (especially my heart). 

Anyone else feel like their constantly feeling like their body is a pile of lead, almost to the point of just staying in bed all day?

Hi GrungeGrrl

I can relate to aspects of exhaustion, and I have had health problems in the past that have contributed to it before. If you're not already, I could recommend dietary conscientiousness, and trying to eat whole foods, less meat, less junkfood, less alcohol. Also trying to go to bed at maybe 11pmish and waking up in the morning as a habit is helpful. As well as trying to not spend too much time on the computer and TV and going for little walks during the day. Moderation I guess.

Hope any of this is helpful

Hi GrungeGrrl,

So sorry you are burdened with this unhappy and welcome experience ! ! !  Sounds awful and reminds me of my worst depression ! ! !  Like you, I am very sensitive to meds but my depression is so serious that I tolerate almost anything the meds do, in orer to escape from a life that is joyless and without peace.   But I am not in your shoes and if I had the same sensitivities to meds as you have, I am sure I would be in the same exact situation as you.

Depression is brutal beyond words.  It is tragic to have to cope with it without any medical assistance.  I've been there before too.  I am hoping that somehow . . . someway . . . that things get better for you ! ! !  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I was helped somewhat by CBT, a non-medical treatment.  Don't know if you would be helped by it though.  Sorry again for you awful suffering ! ! !

Edited by Epictetus

1 hour ago, zzzsheepyzzz said:

Hi GrungeGrrl

I can relate to aspects of exhaustion, and I have had health problems in the past that have contributed to it before. If you're not already, I could recommend dietary conscientiousness, and trying to eat whole foods, less meat, less junkfood, less alcohol. Also trying to go to bed at maybe 11pmish and waking up in the morning as a habit is helpful. As well as trying to not spend too much time on the computer and TV and going for little walks during the day. Moderation I guess.

Hope any of this is helpful

I eat healthy and don't use alcohol or any other drugs.

I take a daily vitamin and fish oil.

I am trying to be as healthy as possible.

I never eat sweets nor add sugar to my tea.

I still feel like a pile of lead. No matter what I do. My motivation is completely gone.

Oh, yeah.

I have a sort of hyper health awareness, you mentioned you were worried about medication and it's interactions with your heart - I can relate to that, but sometimes the right medication can sort of "hit a switch" in your head (I'm quoting someone from a post i read long ago) and you can think and feel more rationally. In the past I have had medication do this, and when I didn't worry so much and felt more rational I was more active. Medications typically make me drowsy, but if they work the way they are supposed to, then the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives. I'll be honest, I am feeling similar lately - no motivation. The only action I have taken so far (from a relatively healthy routine) is upping a medication dosage.

I've done some reading lately about the kind of "not caring" depression and some of the results actually cater to letting yourself rest. It's the logic that if you feel that sort of weight you describe, that you should "indulge" in the rest. Another result describes it as a "passing sickness" that you almost have to wait out.

Unfortunately I have come to no magic answer myself.

My heart has mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation and pulmonary valve prolapse with regurgitation.  

This is why I'm weary of medication.

28 minutes ago, zzzsheepyzzz said:

Oh, yeah.

I have a sort of hyper health awareness, you mentioned you were worried about medication and it's interactions with your heart - I can relate to that, but sometimes the right medication can sort of "hit a switch" in your head (I'm quoting someone from a post i read long ago) and you can think and feel more rationally. In the past I have had medication do this, and when I didn't worry so much and felt more rational I was more active. Medications typically make me drowsy, but if they work the way they are supposed to, then the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives. I'll be honest, I am feeling similar lately - no motivation. The only action I have taken so far (from a relatively healthy routine) is upping a medication dosage.

I've done some reading lately about the kind of "not caring" depression and some of the results actually cater to letting yourself rest. It's the logic that if you feel that sort of weight you describe, that you should "indulge" in the rest. Another result describes it as a "passing sickness" that you almost have to wait out.

Unfortunately I have come to no magic answer myself.