Mobile apps to track emotions / journaling

Llama

Hi all, I couldn't find an existing thread on this, if there is already one out there please let me know. 

I recently started using an app called "Daylio" to track how I'm feeling. You can make multiple entries each day, have it remind you with a notification at a certain time each day to make an entry, it shows you a graph of how you're trending that month, what your best/worst day is, and you can associate activities with your entries like driving or working or spending time with friends, etc.

I think it's a pretty good one, for my first time using an app like this, so I'm wondering if there are other apps like this that you've tried that you would recommend?

I've tried keeping a journal but I have a hard time keeping up with it regularly and rarely read through previous entries to look at trends or anything like that because it's usually painful or embarrassing to revisit the stuff I wrote down. This app makes tracking emotions easy and kinda fun and it has a nice look to it too.

• 1 month later...

I realize I'm replying to my own post but I found a new app. I haven't tried it yet but looks interesting and I thought others might find it useful. It's called "7 Cups" it provides online therapy and supportive chat. There's a free and paid version. They have "anonymous emotional support & counseling from trained active listeners"... I'm not trying to be an advertiser lol, I just love that there are so many apps like this out there.

I'm still using Daylio, pretty consistently. I like it a lot. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Llama, I'm also still using it every day! It really helps me put things into perspective. Like, when a depressed person is having a bad day, it never feels like it's just a bad day and that it will pass. Bad memories start to overwhelm you and you feel like your whole life was a failure, and it's going to continue like that forever. With this app, when you open it to log in a bad day, you realize that it's not all that bad and that you had some really good days. That's why I think it's important to log good days as well as bad ones.

I'm sorry to hear about your antidepressant not working out for you. You probably already know that people respond differently to antidepressants and that sometimes it takes a few tries to find one that works for you. Are you going into talk therapy? Also, why don't you keep a journal in Daylio? It's super simple, I do it and it helps a lot.

@Natasha1, I'm also looking forward to your post, I've been hearing good things about bullet journals!