The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

Lindsay

10 hours ago, CoolCat7 said:

I am SOOO anxious about the US election, and I am Canadian!  I actually started a thread on it here but it got shut down due to controversy, so I won't get into it.  But I hope it has a satisfactory resolution!

As am I.  I've been following it, too.  You're not the only Canuck who's nervous about the results.

7 hours ago, LoneSquirrel said:

There is no place for me.

My brother/sister said, "do you ever feel like we're not supposed to be here?"  I didn't ask what he meant...I already knew.

People say that you don't leave this life until you have done what you were here to do...and I think I may have done that already.  I feel stupid for not seeing it sooner.

LoneSquirrel, I only disagree with someone when I really feel it necessary.  It's not true that there's no place for you.  You have a place.  You're wanted, needed and appreciated.:hugs:

1 minute ago, salparadise6132 said:

Trump's got no chance, so please relax folks.

(Of course, I said that years ago when Rob Ford was running for mayor of Toronto, so NEVER listen to me).

It is truly unbelievable that THAT man is where he is.  

I wish I could relax. But I think that would be naive of me.

I just wanted to say that I posted something in my blog and there's some graphic detail.  I'm saying this out of consideration to anyone who happens to venture in the blog area.  I told off my child abuser today and there's some detail on my childhood abuse.  I just don't want my writing to affect anyone who stumbles across my entry.  I did this for myself not out of self-pity or to garner sympathy but because writing helps me a lot.   So please ignore it if you don't want to read it.

2 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

Michael Moore is predicting he will win.  I think he's got some good points.  Sorry but I won't be able to relax until the election is over, if then.....  I wish I could.

Won't the election be very close?  What if it's one of those "too close to call" elections?

3 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

I skipped out on my TMS today because I have a headache and I just couldn't face going downtown after the nightmare on the trains yesterday.  I hope that missing one session won't make too much of a difference (the effect is cumulative) but I'll try not to miss it again in the next 5 weeks.

Don't be hard on yourself.  Is your headache due to the treatments, may I ask?

I'm crying now.  I don't even know why.  I feel guilty.  I didn't even do anything wrong.  I literally took it on the chin when I was kid/teen.  I'm a grown woman today.  It's not fair that I get to feel guilty.  Don't read my latest blog entry.  I've suffered for years and years, needlessly, at the hands of that man.  :coopcray:

It's not fair!

5 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

I hope it doesn't happen.  That would be a nightmare.

This whole election build up is a real nightmare.  I can't imagine how I'd feel about it if I were actually American.  What I most hope doesn't happen is that people (including young people and Bernie Sanders supporters) are too apathetic to vote.

I need this distraction right now, I'm in a lot of pain and grief. 

The election build-up is fabricated.  It's done on purpose by the media and civilians (well, some).  I have had good talks about the election with people in my city irl.  I have no doubt that there's voters' apathy.  And this is what concerns me.  Hillary is going against the worst candidate possible because Trump is gross and she still might lose.

4 minutes ago, gs22 said:

I'm crying now.  I don't even know why.  I feel guilty.  I didn't even do anything wrong.  I literally took it on the chin when I was kid/teen.  I'm a grown woman today.  It's not fair that I get to feel guilty.  Don't read my latest blog entry.  I've suffered for years and years, needlessly, at the hands of that man.  :coopcray:

It's not fair!

Big hugs gs.  I am so sorry that that happened to you.  You did not deserve any of it!!!!  ((((gs))))

Just now, salparadise6132 said:

Big hugs gs.  I am so sorry that that happened to you.  You did not deserve any of it!!!!  ((((gs))))

Thank you.  I really appreciate your words.  The thing that gets me is that it's so unnecessary, all of it.  But no one knows what goes on in any given household where a child lives. 

I'm not naive enough to expect an apology now, as an adult.  He never apologized to my mother.  Why start now?  So because he doesn't say the simple words, I'm sorry, which would have made all the difference in the world to me, I get to feel guilty for the very rare time I set a boundary (which didn't work).  I did not see this coming, I did not plan on it or plan for it.  Just venting/processing, don't mind me. 

I hope everyone's having a decent day.  I know KS is suffering.  Feel better.

6 minutes ago, gs22 said:

I'm not naive enough to expect an apology now, as an adult.  He never apologized to my mother.  Why start now?  So because he doesn't say the simple words, I'm sorry, which would have made all the difference in the world to me, I get to feel guilty for the very rare time I set a boundary (which didn't work).  I did not see this coming, I did not plan on it or plan for it.  Just venting/processing, don't mind me. 

I hope everyone's having a decent day.  I know KS is suffering.  Feel better.

Thank you so much. :hugs:

- KS

9 minutes ago, KidSurvivor2011 said:

Thank you so much. :hugs:

- KS

I'm being a little selfish, tbh. I'm very upset by something that happened to me earlier today, and it helps me greatly to be strong for others.  You have a shoulder anytime you need it.