The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

Lindsay

10 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

I get it, Kogent. I feel like the few friends I have here only call me as a last resort.

My therapist always says it's just in my head, but I'm pretty sure they only hang out with me nowadays because of pity and having someone they can look down on. But I don't think becoming a total loner is the solution and I don't exactly have a big pool of friends to choose from...so here I stay.

I want everyone here to know I'm doing very well right now.  I'm the best version of myself I have ever been.  It has been such a long journey for me to get where I am now.  Most of what I have done doesn't even seem possible to be honest.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I want everyone here to know I'm doing very well right now.  I'm the best version of myself I have ever been.  It has been such a long journey for me to get where I am now.  Most of what I have done doesn't even seem possible to be honest.

Great sober - we have been worried!  Nice message for me to here this morning!!!!  Hugs.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Welcome back, sober! This is such lovely and wonderful news!!!! You're an inspiration for us all *HUGS*:icon12::hugs:

Hey sober. Nice to see you and I am so glad to hear you're doing well! I love reading positive news on here!!! HUGS. :hugs::flowers: You've come a long way.

Great to hear it, sober! Glad to see you checking in!

Edited by LonelyHiker

8 hours ago, evalynn said:

Frustrated that I can't just relax and read a good book or something. My mind jumps from one thought to the next, obsessively going over my day. I got into a funk a few hours ago and I can't shake it off.

Does this happen only at night or throughout the day? x

3 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

My 17 year-old daughter is depressed but she doesn't want to seek help.  I am not sure what to do.

I guess she can thank me for the genes.

Have you tried asking her why? You could remind her that seeking help is never a bad thing... When she gets help, she'll be happy and free, with time... It's hard to begin with, but so worth it!

Maybe she's ashamed of her depression? Remind her there's nothing to be ashamed about. Mental illness is exactly like psychical illness, despite what shallow people say. Without help, the illness doesn't go away or it gets worse over time. Do people feel ashamed for trying to treat their psychical illnesses? Nope! There's nothing wrong with getting help...

Your daughter is young and full of opportunities. Depression can make one make terrible mistakes or unable to follow their dreams. Please try to get her the help while she's still young... I'm not much older than her and I regret not following my dreams earlier. I'm also prone to making disastrous mistakes like urging to drop out of college and never get a job. Depression is too exhausting! That's why I'm getting help now... It was scary and embarrassing at first. Now, it's an amazing feeling... I still have a LONG way to go, though. I may be fully recovered in a year's time... Please tell your daughter all this :icon12: 

Wishing you luck, salparadise! Hope I helped... Hugs to both of you!!! x :hugs::hugs:

9 hours ago, sober4life said:

This makes me do the happy dance @sober4life!!

2 hours ago, babyxgothxx said:

I never crave alcohol anymore... So proud of myself! I used to drink often x

I'm proud of you too.  It's such a hard thing to get past.  Believe me I know.  The last time I drank is the last time I will ever drink.  I hope the same is true for you.:hugs:

I'm feeling really terrible. So I recently have this long-time friend of mine who is upset at me and started ignoring me after I came out of my hermit depressed state. Being ignored by this friend of mine reminds me so much about how I lost a close friend of mine to this similar incident a few years back. They just get so upset at me for withdrawing from them that they refused to talk to me again. This makes me wonder if they have ever cared about me in the first place, given how they are so quick to cut me off.

Edited by raiindrop

9 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

My 17 year-old daughter is depressed but she doesn't want to seek help.  I am not sure what to do.

I guess she can thank me for the genes.

Would she be willing to try online therapy? Or maybe a different depression forum (so she wouldn't see your posts). Most of us know what's it like - when you need the help most, it's harder (or impossible) to make yourself do what you need to do. My step-daughter went through really dark periods in her teen years. I'm sorry you're going through this -- it's difficult when it's your child, no matter how old they are.