Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

1 minute ago, Dolphin2013 said:

Hey RL - all the best to you! And great idea to find a mentor. Nothing like a human who has been there to help you see you can do it too!

THANKS Dolphin! :hugs:You're so right about a mentor! If he can do it, I can do it too... I just need more education and some help!

6 hours ago, KidSurvivor2011 said:

I had a sudden realization of truth today: I am not talented at anything.

- KS

I am talented at complaining.  :smilingteeth:  :hugs::hugs:

Hi, Everyone!

I'm feeling lonely, and unmotivated, so I'm grateful that a few of you are on this thread at the current moment, "in real time".

Lynn

I need advice.

My friends are arranging for me to see a new therapist. My friends told me they cannot take it anymore from me.  They are burnt out.  I am angry all the time. ( The medication could be causing some of my anger.  I do not know.)  My pdoc  and current therapist does nothing when I tell them I am angry all the time and I have racing thoughts.  My anger seem to have gotten worse 4 months ago the same time when my Cymbalta was increased from 90 mg to 120 mg.  Also we stopped the Abilify which I had been on for two years.

? My  new therapist Jill has a masters in social work.  She is not a psychologist so I do not know if my insurance will accept her feedback on my mental health.  I guess I will have to wait and see.

? I do not know what to tell Jill or where to start.  Do I tell her I have depression and anxiety or do I let her decide?  In the past the other doctors diagnosed me as soon as I walked in their office.  The look on my face said it all. Also my other doctors gave me the MMPI 2 test to get an accurate diagnosis.   I guess I can ask her all these questions before seeing her.

? Other things to consider.  She only takes cash. DUH.  Her office is far from where live.  It's gonna be a long drive.

Thanks for your feedback.

Duckie Baby.:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Lynn1954 said:

Hi, Everyone!

I'm feeling lonely, and unmotivated, so I'm grateful that a few of you are on this thread at the current moment, "in real time".

Lynn

Hi Lynn,  I am also feeling unmotivated.  It is an on going issue for me.  I try to take it easy and do anything I can or not.  I have many tasks on hold for the past few months.  I am not sure how I am going to complete them.  Sorry I do not think I am helping you with this feedback.  As least you now know you are not alone.  :flowers: 

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

Today I feel...OK. Of course, that just jinxed it for me.

I'm accomplishing more at work than I have been. It feels "weird".

Hmmm.   maybe you are working harder.

3 minutes ago, duck said:

I need advice.

My friends are arranging for me to see a new therapist. My friends told me they cannot take it anymore from me.  They are burnt out.  I am angry all the time. ( The medication could be causing some of my anger.  I do not know.)  My pdoc  and current therapist does nothing when I tell them I am angry all the time and I have racing thoughts.  My anger seem to have gotten worse 4 months ago the same time when my Cymbalta was increased from 90 mg to 120 mg.  Also we stopped the Abilify which I had been on for two years.

? My  new therapist Jill has a masters in social work.  She is not a psychologist so I do not know if my insurance will accept her feedback on my mental health.  I guess I will have to wait and see.

? I do not know what to tell Jill or where to start.  Do I tell her I have depression and anxiety or do I let her decide?  In the past the other doctors diagnosed me as soon as I walked in their office.  The look on my face said it all. Also my other doctors gave me the MMPI 2 test to get an accurate diagnosis.   I guess I can ask her all these questions before seeing her.

? Other things to consider.  She only takes cash. DUH.  Her office is far from where live.  It's gonna be a long drive.

Thanks for your feedback.

Duckie Baby.:thumbsup:

Hi Duck - is Jill the one your friends want you to see, or is she the reason your friends want you to see a new therapist?

I think if Jill has a practice, she should be able to get access to your medical records--you might have to sign something to that effect.  Her taking only cash seems suspicious to me. But that's just me. Also you have to think about what would benefit you best? Someone who listens & makes good suggestions for you--they don't need to be a doctor to do that, but what does your instinct tell you?

Hoping you come across a good solution, Duck :)  :hugs:

On 8/13/2017 at 11:44 AM, CoolCat7 said:

My husband got his entire grade 11 class to write to Canada's minister of international trade last year about this, and I sent him a letter too.  They also wrote to Apple and Samsung.  Writing letters is a good way to change things (it's what Amnesty International does) because in public relations terms, each letter represents the opinions of 100 people.  If enough people write, the practice will stop.  

We received letters back from both companies saying they buy their cobalt from Chinese companies and they are currently negotiating with these companies to ensure there are no child labourers used for the mining, and that there are safe labour standards used.  The minister also sent us a letter back saying he is concerned about this and they are monitoring Canadian companies to make sure cobalt is only purchased from ethical sources.

The letters may have said more but I'm not sure.  It was a while ago.  I write a number of political letters because I know (from Amnesty International whom I briefly volunteered for) that it does work.  AI has secured the release of thousands of political prisoners worldwide, just by writing letters.  

If you like, duck, I can try to find the letters we sent and you can send your own letter using them.  Or anyone else who wants.  Also, anyone who is interested in writing political letters please send me your own letter for any good cause you have written, and I will send one to.

Sometimes we forget that we actually can change the world, if only a tiny part of it.

CoolCat7   Please send me a copy of the letter.   Thanks.  

31 minutes ago, Dolphin2013 said:

Hi Duck - is Jill the one your friends want you to see, or is she the reason your friends want you to see a new therapist?

I think if Jill has a practice, she should be able to get access to your medical records--you might have to sign something to that effect.  Her taking only cash seems suspicious to me. But that's just me. Also you have to think about what would benefit you best? Someone who listens & makes good suggestions for you--they don't need to be a doctor to do that, but what does your instinct tell you?

Hoping you come across a good solution, Duck :)  :hugs:

Thanks Dolphin2013,  Jill is the new therapist.  My friends say she has over 30 years experience.  I do not want my other therapists/doctors to know I will be seeing her as yet until after six visits. By then I should know if she can help me.  The cash thing sucks but I was told she works in a small office so I guess it is okay.  Credit Cards are so much easier.

BTW my current therapist has a Phd and my insurance likes that.  They take his feedback seriously. They send him forms to fill out regarding my progress or lack of every few months.

Edited by duck

37 minutes ago, Lynn1954 said:

Hi, Everyone!

Lynn

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

24 minutes ago, duck said:

Hmmm.   maybe you are working harder.

I couldn't have worked any less...I was at nothing. Zero. My boss was on the verge of terminating me, I'm almost certain.

Even the fear of that didn't really motivate me however. But for some reason, I just decided to get a few things done. I cleaned the bathroom and hung a new shower curtain the other night and that got me going I think.

1 minute ago, JD4010 said:

I couldn't have worked any less...I was at nothing. Zero. My boss was on the verge of terminating me, I'm almost certain.

Even the fear of that didn't really motivate me however. But for some reason, I just decided to get a few things done. I cleaned the bathroom and hung a new shower curtain the other night and that got me going I think.

Cool.  You are a good man JD.

Tonight Thursday  is the start of the Fringe Festival here in Edmonton.  Actors come from all over the world come to Edmonton to perform live theater.  This usually lasts for ten days.  I like going and just walk around and sample some of the food. Green Onion cakes etc.   There will be lots of people. 

I have been listening to music from happier times to help lift my mood.  So far it has not worked.

I hate the music in the stores.  It makes me angry and depressed.

The dreaded new job turned out to be pretty okay.  I was hand picked by a CEO who only knows me by reputation to solve some morale issues at another facility which sounded very screwy to me at first.  I thought they were just shuffling the old people (me) around to make room for the newer, better looking, less paid folks to move up.  There was a bit of that but as it turns out, the new place actually welcomed me with open arms and the workload changed completely!  I no longer DREAD going to work.  I hate work, don't get me wrong, but I like it at the same time.  It's a means to an end that I can live with for the moment. :)

27 minutes ago, duck said:

I have been listening to music from happier times to help lift my mood.  So far it has not worked.

I hate the music in the stores.  It makes me angry and depressed.

Wow. I'm not the only one who feels the same way then. You know what makes me REALLY depressed? Christmas stuff in stores in September! How Christmas became a reason for spending yourself into a deep hole of debt is beyond me.

10 minutes ago, Debbers said:

The dreaded new job turned out to be pretty okay.  I was hand picked by a CEO who only knows me by reputation to solve some morale issues at another facility which sounded very screwy to me at first.  I thought they were just shuffling the old people (me) around to make room for the newer, better looking, less paid folks to move up.  There was a bit of that but as it turns out, the new place actually welcomed me with open arms and the workload changed completely!  I no longer DREAD going to work.  I hate work, don't get me wrong, but I like it at the same time.  It's a means to an end that I can live with for the moment. :)

Congrats. on the new job.  I am happy for you.:flowers:

3 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Wow. I'm not the only one who feels the same way then. You know what makes me REALLY depressed? Christmas stuff in stores in September! How Christmas became a reason for spending yourself into a deep hole of debt is beyond me.

Agreed.  Last year some stores I think Costco started in August.

42 minutes ago, Debbers said:

@Debbers

Good to hear. I got shuffled out of a 20 year job and they had me doing something that was not where I wanted to be. They bought me out with early retirement to go away. Which is becoming more and more typical. So now I'm looking in other companies and dread it everyday. I hope it continues to work for you.

46 minutes ago, duck said:

Congrats. on the new job.  I am happy for you.:flowers:

Thanks, Duck!  This is one of those, "I miss the like button moments!"

48 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

@DebbersThat's good to hear. Congratulations!

I hate work and like it too. I dread meetings where I have to look like I know what I'm doing.

Hi JD4010!  It's great to see you and duck in the room.  Yeah, work is work.  If I were wealthy, I'd be at the beach. :)

17 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

@Debbers

Good to hear. I got shuffled out of a 20 year job and they had me doing something that was not where I wanted to be. They bought me out with early retirement to go away. Which is becoming more and more typical. So now I'm looking in other companies and dread it everyday. I hope it continues to work for you.

I am sort of looking at creating a business.  I always made more money doing my own thing and I felt more passionate about it because it was my own thing.  I just keep hanging in there because it's a union job.  I stepped down from management but they kept treating me like the boss on top of the position I'd stepped down to. It was just too much work and STRESS.  At the new place, I actually get to be "Deb" which is a load off.  The morale problem is already getting better because the people there are so good at what they do.  The real problem is that they were underappreciated and that starts from the top and trickles down.  Regarding job searches for you, if you're in the U.S., there's about an 8-month waiting list (but worth getting on the list if you're so inclined) for government jobs, like DMV and that sort.  If you want the info on it, you can look up USAJOBS on the internet.  These have great FULL benefits and might be worth a look.  :)