The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

Lindsay

I've finally managed to get some sleep. I feel all floppy now. I didn't wake up til 2pm earlier. I would love to figure out how l can stop that adrenalin flowing. I can sort all the other symptoms really well, just that one last bit.

Edited by Ba3inga

@Ba3inga congrats on getting some sleep!

As a person with depression, I'm addicted to adrenalin, so there are times when I should try to stop the flow but often I don't want to.

I did an early-early shift at work and had enough energy after to exercise. After that I came home and showered and then had to sleep for an hour. That hour was really good. Very healing. But now I don't know what I want to do with the rest of the day.

Grocery shopping, I guess.

45 minutes ago, Ba3inga said:

I've finally managed to get some sleep. I feel all floppy now. I didn't wake up til 2pm earlier. I would love to figure out how l can stop that adrenalin flowing. I can sort all the other symptoms really well, just that one last bit.

Didn't you say you have an addictive personality somewhere?  I know if that's true good sleep is rare.  A lot of nights for me would be considered naps instead of a night's sleep.  For the brain of someone with an addictive personality every upcoming day feels like Christmas morning as a kid coming up.

5 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I need to do more exercising.  I get lazy though and do the diet way which I honestly hate.

Do you think it helps? Exercise? I think it depends on my mood most of the time for me personally. If my day starts off in a bad mood, even exercise won't help. I have to be in a good mood to exercise.

3 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Even so, I'm far better off than I was a month ago. My "herbal remedy" has greatly improved my outlook and reduced my anxiety to almost nothing. I haven't turned into Mr. Sunshine, but I'm at least feeling reasonably good.

LOL JD!  You are our Mr. Sunshine :) !!!!!

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

I think you just hate your life as much as I do.  You don't care anymore.  You're done with it all.  Like me you want to leave your life and never come back to it again.  I'm very burned out myself.  All the positive things I do in life and I still feel like I'm in hell for the most part.

There is a lot of truth to that. If I'm honest with myself, I know I want a break from the same old sh!t. But that's not practical. I'm nailed down with responsibilities. I should be thankful for what I have, but I'm getting old and very weary.

1 hour ago, ladysmurf said:

Do you think it helps? Exercise? I think it depends on my mood most of the time for me personally. If my day starts off in a bad mood, even exercise won't help. I have to be in a good mood to exercise.

It does help some days but it's like every other addictive thing you can get burned out on it and need to take a break for a couple of days or you will send things in the other direction and begin to feel bitter.  If I'm being honest I wake up every day in a bad mood and I drink coffee and it makes me feel better.  Then it's off to the races.  

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

Didn't you say you have an addictive personality somewhere?  I know if that's true good sleep is rare.  A lot of nights for me would be considered naps instead of a night's sleep.  For the brain of someone with an addictive personality every upcoming day feels like Christmas morning as a kid coming up.

Yeah, I think l do, as I was very addicted to smoking, well remembered. That wired christmas buzz, is good way of putting it, but it only seems when my anxiety kicks in thank goodness. I swear l feel it charging through my veins like an electrical current.

Hope you all of you having a hard day finds some relief

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

There is a lot of truth to that. If I'm honest with myself, I know I want a break from the same old sh!t. But that's not practical. I'm nailed down with responsibilities. I should be thankful for what I have, but I'm getting old and very weary.

I know I am changing as I get older.  I have lot's of money saved up and a credit card that is fully paid off.  I think that's the first time I have been able to say that in my life.  I'm pretty sure you know what my brain is telling me but I won't.  I'll be good.:flowers:

I feel awful today.I woke up feeling that way.I woke up late today and after I had breakfast and washed the dishes and went straight back to bed.I didn`t get out of it until almost 3 in the afternoon.I just feel so tired and sad and awful right now.

2 hours ago, Ba3inga said:

Yeah, I think l do, as I was very addicted to smoking, well remembered. That wired christmas buzz, is good way of putting it, but it only seems when my anxiety kicks in thank goodness. I swear l feel it charging through my veins like an electrical current.

Hope you all of you having a hard day finds some relief

Yeah I feel the same way especially when I'm feeling manic.  I'm so glad you said was very addicted to smoking.  I quit smoking a long time ago and it was very hard to quit.  I was to the point where I was smoking half smoked cigarettes off the street and out of ash trays.  I can't believe I was that hooked on them.  I don't even think about them now though.  Most days are good days for me at this point.  I don't think I crave anything every day anymore.

11 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I was to the point where I was smoking half smoked cigarettes off the street and out of ash trays.  I can't believe I was that hooked on them.  I don't even think about them now though.  Most days are good days for me at this point.  I don't think I crave anything every day anymore.

It's crazy just how addictive they are. I quit for my son, l used nrt and was addicted to that for eight years, then smoked again. I then went cold turkey and haven't looked back. They say cold turkey is close to impossible, but for me being so addicted it was easy after 2/3 day.

We did good ;)

1 minute ago, Teddy545 said:

It turns out I get so much anxiety from paperwork that even organizing my papers make me shaky.  I did it, it took all day.  I had 3 years of papers on my table and more in boxes. Now I'm getting anxiety that I put something important in the garbage. I should probably do this on new years, every year.

Strewth you really went for it kudos. I get anxious over forms. I had a special hate for them prior to life with anxiety, but never occurred to me paperwork and forms could cause  a trigger, l thought it was just me.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can completely understand that. That is good advice, not always easiest thing to do.

((((hugs))))) 

4 minutes ago, Teddy545 said: I'm not supposed to think about that unless it happens though.

1 minute ago, Teddy545 said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to overwhelm you.  

Oh bless your heart, you didn't overwhelm me at all. I just made a booboo, my tablet is pretty tempremental at times, so always missing a autocorrect or it jumps back to previous page. 

Are you ok, you need to talk about it?

8 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I know, my friend.  Me too!!!

1 hour ago, Teddy545 said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to overwhelm you.  Seem like I do that to anyone that talks to me here lately. 

Hey, Teddy.  Overwhelm me, my friend, by PM if you wish. You are a delight to hear from.  Please do not think that you are ever a burden for us here, on DF!!!