The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

Lindsay

2 hours ago, CoolCat7 said:

I think this thinking is juvenile and erroneous. The idea that I am somehow catering to shallow people by altering my looks.  And by your argument, any beautiful person only has shallow, unfaithful friends.

Wow...that hurts.  :sniffle1:

I don't really feel like you understood what I was trying to say.  I'm not opposed to plastic surgery if someone wants to do that for themselves.  And I don't think that a nice-looking person can't have good friends.

I've tried to explain my point of view and be supportive, but if my thinking isn't mature enough for you then I guess there isn't much more I can say.

Bad.  I feel really bad.

I've spent most of the day upset about crap people have said to me on here.

According to people on here, my lack of Christian faith is the reason I'm depressed, I "need benzos," and my thinking is "juvenile and erroneous."

In addition to that, I spent a good part of the evening trying to defend myself over a disagreement here.

I was telling someone earlier that my friends are here.

I'm not so sure about that anymore.

I feel like dog s*** on the bottom of a shoe.

10 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

I didn't say your thinking wasn't mature, just that the one idea was wrong (that I would be catering to shallow people by altering my looks.  A lot of well-meaning people have misconceptions about the whole looks issue.  I get tired of defending myself. 

:hugs:

2 hours ago, CoolCat7 said:

I think this thinking is juvenile and erroneous. The idea that I am somehow catering to shallow people by altering my looks.  And by your argument, any beautiful person only has shallow, unfaithful friends.

I get tired of defending myself too.

I would not mind getting liposuction myself, Lauryn.  But I kind of don't want to, because I don't want to attract the sort of people I attracted when I was thin.  

There was no shortage of guys who wanted to be around me, but when things got tough and I needed people to give me rides to get around, a few of those guys tried to strike a deal with me.  I was not willing to be someone's booty call just to get around town, so I stayed home all the time instead.  It didn't matter how good a friend I had been to these guys; they wanted sex, because they thought I was attractive, and to them that was all I was good for.

Incidents like that let me know how s****y people can really be.  And you can bet that if I looked like I do now, I could've avoided having "friends" like that in the first place.

I wasn't trying to put you on the defensive, Lauryn.  I was just saying that there are plenty of s****y people out there, and you don't need to do anything to be part of their world.  There are people who care about you as you are now.  If you want to look a certain way to feel better, by all means, do that.  But I'd hate to think that you would choose something like that to get friends who may not even be worthy of your friendship.

That is just the way I see it, because of my own personal experiences.

47 minutes ago, LoneSquirrel said:

Bad.  I feel really bad.

According to people on here, my lack of Christian faith is the reason I'm depressed, I "need benzos," and my thinking is "juvenile and erroneous."

In addition to that, I spent a good part of the evening trying to defend myself over a disagreement here.

Sounds like a day that would get anybody down, LS.  You're alright in my book, if that helps.  Hang in there.

Edited by barnaby_bumble

2 hours ago, LoneSquirrel said:

Bad.  I feel really bad.

What, so Christians don't get depressed?  What are they doing on here then?  I think I'll tell that to my depressed Christian friends next time I see them.

I'm sorry you've had a bad day Squirrel, sometimes it's hard to get your point across in words.  Don't take it to heart, you do have friends here and you are very much appreciated. :hugs:

I'm proof that people treat you differently if you look different.  While I like getting more attention from losing the weight and cleaning myself up there is an extreme bitterness there as well because I remember how those same people treated me when I was over 250 pounds.  Overweight me was treated like bigfoot or some monster that came out from under the stairs.  Skinny me that is cleaned up and has nice clothes has people stopping and talking to me everywhere I go.  The whole issue has given me an extreme eating disorder and exercise addiction.

8 hours ago, LoneSquirrel said:

Bad.  I feel really bad.

Love you Squirrel!!!!

9 hours ago, LoneSquirrel said:

Bad.  I feel really bad.

You can count me as a friend, Squirrel!

I'm sorry you're feeling crappy, and for some of the responses you've gotten in these threads. Don't let it rent space in your head! You are one of the sweetest, most supportive (and funny!) people on these forums.

Love you LS! ((((((((Hugs)))))))) :icon12:

10 hours ago, LoneSquirrel said:

Bad.  I feel really bad.

Everyone has a right to believe what they want. I am not going to criticize anyone or their religious beliefs, but sometimes people need to leave religion out of this. If you believe that's fine, but don't try to enforce your beliefs to others, or tell them that they are depressed because they are not religious enough. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

I was raised Christian but don't care much about the faith since I was a teenager. In fact I was depressed and still believed in God, did that help me? Not at all. Eventually for my own personal reasons, I gave up on the faith a long time ago, and don't care for it.

I had friends in the past (who I am NO LONGER) friends with tell me similar things. That I need to get closer to God in order to feel better, and that I am not depressed, and it's all in my head, I need guidance from God, and all this stuff which to me was non-sense. In addition to depression just being a joke, a way for doctors to profit from the weak.

Like I said, everyone is free to believe in what they want, but I don't agree with the fact that people tell you , you are depressed because of your lack in faith in God.

1 hour ago, LonelyHiker said:

You can count me as a friend, Squirrel!

I'm sorry you're feeling crappy, and for some of the responses you've gotten in these threads. Don't let it rent space in your head! You are one of the sweetest, most supportive (and funny!) people on these forums.

Love you LS! ((((((((Hugs)))))))) :icon12:

I completely agree.  I always look forward to seeing your posts.  You are a sweetheart.:icon12:

On 3/17/2017 at 4:45 AM, Waffles said:

Somebody laughed at me today because i said something wrong. Feeling like a dumb blonde. :sniffle1:

Everyone says stupid stuff from time to time. Just smile, have a laugh at yourself, and move on.  

The good news is, you can be assured you'll do it again... roflmao....  

My addict brain is trying to lead me to relapse again.  I get sick of the constant chess game I have to play with my own brain.  You have to be very smart and strong to survive addiction.  The disease as they call it which is really nothing but me fighting with a different part of my brain that always thinks it knows what is best for me is making it's moves on me leading me to dangerous places I shouldn't be going to talking to people I shouldn't be talking to.  It's like a crocodile waiting to strike.  During this part of my sobriety it will allow me to feel very confident like I have everything figured out and nothing can stop me.  It's just waiting for me to be too confident and mess up so it can strike.

I keep agreeing to take more hours at work then regret it, im getting overtime this week but don't care if I can't afford to live on my own with enough spending money to do what I want what do I care. I need to look for more jobs i went to a interview for a job breaking down human bones to prepare samples for surgeons but they haven't gotten back to me yet, how do people date when there poor and live with there parents do they just not have self respect and don't care that they have no privacy or agency thats what it seems like people just waste all there money on drugs and cigrattes at my job they don't save any of it. I want my life the way I want it I don't want to have to make compromises in my life anymore.

Kind of low. Struggled to get up this morning. I took my dog for a walk, and that was nice, but now that it's over I'm back to feeling like "what am I going to do today?" It's funny, most days I'm ok with doing a lot of nothing, but today I need something to distract from the feelings of loneliness and emptiness.

I am very fragile today but I'll make it.  I have to figure out how to get through the hard days without doing something stupid.  The cravings are at a 10 right now.  I'm such a mess I'm shaking but I refuse to drink.  I have important things I have to do.

How am I feeling right now. Hmmm. Good question.

I was upset at first, then P'd off. Now, slightly indifferent.

You know that feeling when you spent two evenings (never mind the previous weeks!)  listening to someone about their stuff, then they ask you how you are only to disappear for ages?

Well, *that* feeling went swiftly from being upset to royally p'd off.

People can sod off.

Except all of yous who live in my computer.

I like most of you.