Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

2 hours ago, meeperfish said:

I've been sleeping more than I've been awake. Feels so dead inside, like even this amount of interaction is forced. Wonder if anyone will remember that today is my birthday. Not that birthdays are a big deal, it just makes me feel lonely if no one remembers. But that's okay, I'm bad at remembering them too.

Happy Birthday Meeperfish!!!!

Feeling rather low, hopeless, another medication failing to lift my depression--lamictal, have been on many SSRI's, SNRI's, a-typicals and mood stabilizers; TM and ketamine not offered where I reside. Feel guilty because I think I am not trying hard enough-- I used to exercise--with such low motivation I stopped doing this. I go to work every day, no complaints about how I do my job--have a lot of autonomy--weekends are hard, I live alone. The main problem seems to be that after 7 months, I still have not accepted the end of a relationship, absolutely know that we will never get back to together, the other person has completely moved on. In fact, it is how easily they moved on, and how stuck I am that seems to make it harder... I feel so foolish. I live in an isolated area and do not have close friends who live anywhere near me... I am not close to my family (family issues are what started the depression years ago), I am middle aged and do not have much to look forwards to. I do have pets that provide some comfort... but it is not the same as sharing life with another person. Sorry to be so gloom and doom... but I had a break at work and just feel so badly, I thought I would get on here and write about it. I have written much of the same before... sorry no that I can not write about improvements! Best wishes to all!

On 1/23/2017 at 11:42 AM, JD4010 said:

See here...I know exactly what you are saying. Much of my life is "forced normalcy". I've never been normal (whatever that means). When I was a kid, it was a real trauma to know that other kids thought I was weird. You want to be accepted by your peers. Fortunately, I found other "weird" kids to hang out with from time to time so I wasn't completely isolated. Same holds to this day.

I've tried to convince myself that weirdness is a virtue in this messed up society. And there's certainly an element of truth to that. But swimming upstream all of the time really wears on one. My addiction offers a quick escape, but it also makes it even harder to keep swimming if I indulge.

I am done trying to be normal.  I am going to be me and be happy. I don't care if I fit in.  I have finally found a home where I am happy.  I love living here.  I feel so free.  I take pride in this place and I keep it looking nice.  I feel good.  I am finally happy.

6 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

Congrats on the first phase and good luck BM!

I feel somewhat less than insignificant.

Hope you feel better GC!

Gah! Sorry my friend. I go through periods of feeling insignificant, and then good days come along and I feel barely significant. Hey, I'll take what I can get.

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I am done trying to be normal.  I am going to be me and be happy. I don't care if I fit in.  I have finally found a home where I am happy.  I love living here.  I feel so free.  I take pride in this place and I keep it looking nice.  I feel good.  I am finally happy.

Congratulations!!! This is great news. I'm really happy for you, bro!

I did more job applications today I had a 3 hour interview at merck last week and they haven't gotten back to me. I got banned from the reddit political forum for advocating violence because I made a joke about punching nazi's lol. I tried to explain it to them so they  would unban me but they said I have to wait 3 months. i don't care what people think about me but I enjoy seeing white supremacists and neo nazis get punched in the face, that doesn't mean I think it should be legal. l just because I get personal satisfaction from seeing them get suckered punch I thought people were against political correctness but I guess it only counts when somebody is angry they can't say racist things, it doesn't count though if I want to say nasty things about racists and fascists 

Edited by scienceguy

1 minute ago, scienceguy said:

I did more job applications today I had a 3 hour interview at merck last week and they haven't gotten back to me. I got banned from the reddit political forum for advocating violence because I made a joke about punching nazi's lol. I tried to explain it to them so they  would unban me but they said I have to wait 3 months. i don't care what people think about me but I enjoy seeing white supremacists and neo nazis get punched in the face, that doesn't mean I think it should be legal. l just because I get personal satisfaction from seeing them get suckered punch I thought people were against political correctness but I guess it only counts when somebody is angry they can't say racist things, it doesn't count though if I want to say nasty things about racists and fascists 

Hope the job apps/interview pan out for you!

I have a difficult time abstaining from violent thoughts when it comes to racists and bigots. Especially in-your-face bigots like the supremacists and nazis. A friend of mine once peed off the roof of a parking ramp onto a bunch of white supremacists that had gathered below. Although disgusting, I have to admit that I laughed so hard and long at that.

6 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Hope the job apps/interview pan out for you!

I have a difficult time abstaining from violent thoughts when it comes to racists and bigots. Especially in-your-face bigots like the supremacists and nazis. A friend of mine once peed off the roof of a parking ramp onto a bunch of white supremacists that had gathered below. Although disgusting, I have to admit that I laughed so hard and long at that.

Lol I started laughing and spit out my coffee after reading that JD

My heart goes out to all feeling under the yoke of insanity and/or budding tyranny tonight.  Those of you taking orders from a Caligula or a Nero.  You know who you are. These are scary times, not only for you, but for the entire world, since what happens in the powerful hegemon affects all of us (especially the continent-sharing "mouse" to the north that's in bed with the elephant (an analogy written by our current PM's father, the great PET). 

I am not sure what is happening with the world.  Things are certainly serious, now. 

At the risk of sounding dismissive - I am not!!! - I would say that there is opportunity here.  Maybe, just maybe, these blips are the wake up call that will get us focused on living together, and loving each other again.  I know, it sounds almost juvenile to type it.  But, you know, since the A bomb was invented in 1945, the big powers have refrained from war and their use.  That says something, I believe.  There is always hope.  I hope you don't lose your own hope, for yourselves and for humanity!

(Boy that was high flute'n and grand prose LOL.  Apologies, but the news is impacting me and I was just hoping to k prop some chins up, even if only by a millimetre or two)  BTW, our country's move to the metric system was also a Pierre Elliott Trudeau decision.

Hugs to all!

Brian

Edited by salparadise6132

2 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

My heart goes out to all feeling under the yoke of insanity and/or budding tyranny tonight.  Those of you taking orders from a Caligula or a Nero.  You know who you are. These are scary times, not only for you, but for the entire world, since what happens in the powerful hegemon affects all of us (especially the continent-sharing "mouse" to the north that's in bed with the elephant (an analogy written by our current PM's father, the great PET). 

I am not sure what is happening with the world.  Things are certainly serious, now. 

At the risk of sounding dismissive - I am not!!! - I would say that there is opportunity here.  Maybe, just maybe, these blips are the wake up call that will get us focused on living together, and loving each other again.  I know, it sounds almost juvenile to type it.  But, you know, since the A bomb was invented in 1945, the big powers have refrained from war and their use.  That says something, I believe.  There is always hope.  I hope you don't lose your own hope, for yourselves and for humanity!

(Boy that was high flute'n and grand prose LOL.  Apologies, but the news is impacting me and I was just hoping to k prop some chins up, even if only by a millimetre or two)  BTW, our country's move to the metric system was also a Pierre Elliott Trudeau decision.

Hugs to all!

Brian

i would love to have trudue as president instead of king joffrey. We are screwed the whole world economy is going to be influenced by king Joffrey's temper tantrums. It isn't even 1 week yet I hope Europe and Canada put tariffs on ous especially a carbon tax. California is really trying to secede and joffrey is threatening to cut all federal funding to every major city. I was reading that 44% of our economy and 50% of the population lives in those cities, that could cause a big back lash from those states.King joffrey threatened to send the feds to Chicago a fewdays ago and said today he would put a 20 % tariff on goods from our southern neighbor today.......................................... tune in next week to see another episode of celebrity meltdown live and uncut white house edition 

21 minutes ago, scienceguy said:

i would love to have trudue as president instead of king joffrey. We are screwed the whole world economy is going to be influenced by king Joffrey's temper tantrums. It isn't even 1 week yet I hope Europe and Canada put tariffs on ous especially a carbon tax. California is really trying to secede and joffrey is threatening to cut all federal funding to every major city. I was reading that 44% of our economy and 50% of the population lives in those cities, that could cause a big back lash from those states.King joffrey threatened to send the feds to Chicago a fewdays ago and said today he would put a 20 % tariff on goods from our southern neighbor today.......................................... tune in next week to see another episode of celebrity meltdown live and uncut white house edition 

I know, Scienceguy.  It is unreal.  Literally, unreal.

Still, from what I am seeing, the women marching (yay girls!!!), the way the press seems to finally be developing a spine, I am hopeful.  I may be deluded, but, geez, I have to cling to it.