Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

41 minutes ago, Jalen said:

Thanks everybody...I'm doing a bit better now, hope you're all okay. It means a lot that you've been so supportive yet somehow my mind keeps trying to twist it so that I feel bad.

Best Wishes,

-Jalen

Glad to know you are doing better! DO NOT LET YOURSELF FEEL BAD!

14 hours ago, CoolCat7 said:

Bought myself a box of Valentine's day chocolates today, so I will not feel like I'm missing out when Valentine's day gets here.  My husband will help me eat them as he likes chocolates too.  When they're gone, that's it for me and sugar.  I'm going off it completely.  If I can't do it, I will only allow myself dark chocolate, which I don't like enough to overeat.

I have actually lived a no sugar lifestyle for quite some time, until my relatively recent unemployment induced depression. The method i used is called the Ketogenic diet, or some people refer to it as "LCHF", which is low carb (no more than 25-50g a day) and high fat. I combined this with intermittent fasting, which I had done for a few years prior to being kept adapted. I'll be honest, i never felt better with the combination of the two! Eliminating sugar from your diet has PROFOUND health benefits!

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!

Message me for a link about the ketogenic diet./

Edited by Waffles
Removed link IAW DF TOS.

37 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

Bought myself a box of Valentine's day chocolates today, so I will not feel like I'm missing out when Valentine's day gets here.  My husband will help me eat them as he likes chocolates too.  When they're gone, that's it for me and sugar.  I'm going off it completely.  If I can't do it, I will only allow myself dark chocolate, which I don't like enough to overeat.

:roll2::roll2::roll2::roll2:

8 hours ago, BobbyJB said:

Hang in there!

I have been on this forum for a short period of time, however, I have always noticed how supportive you are of everyone! I (we) need you at the top of your game so you can take care of us! :hugs:

I know that is being selfish, but it is true.:Coopwink:

Thanks, BobbyJB. :flowers:

I don't know that I'm so great at being supportive all the time, but I appreciate the compliment.  (Sometimes I feel upset enough about my own situation that it's hard to be supportive to others.)

I hope you're enjoying the forum so far.  It's nice to have a place on the internet where there are nice people. :welcomeani:

Each and every one of you is a very worthwhile human being and you're more supportive than you know.  It's hard for me to read about your distress and even harder for me to find the words to comfort you all. 

I've been ill for several days but have still been reading and trying my best to acknowledge your posts. 

@CoolCat7 congratulations on your writing and having the courage to have others read your work. 

@quentin360 please don't hate yourself, you're a good person and I wish you'd treat yourself with the same kindness that you treat others.

@LoneSquirrel you're funny and smart and as @BobbyJB says, you're very supportive.

Just as I'm considering trying the sugar free diet, which would be a good idea for me (no kidding), I daydream about eating Valentine's chocolate.  Don't think I'll need help eating any.

To all of you here, a little hug :hugs:

7 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

Too tired to get out of bed, i barely left the house went for a 10 minute walk around the block .....i did some stuff around the house, but now i am tired and overwhelmed. i hope everyone is doing well.

Hang in there and keep fighting the good fight! You have to be proud of yourself, it sounds like you did not want to go for a walk or do things around the house - but you did! Keep trying to take things one step at a time and you are going to be GOLDEN!:Coopwink:

We are getting pounded with wet, heavy snow today. It's like shoveling concrete. I love snow days actually. I'm happiest when  "weather" is occurring.

I'm feeling pretty good, in spite of coming down with a cold. I think the relationship with my girlfriend is up and running again. I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it going. Yes, love affects us guys deeply too!

So I've been off work for a week and a half now. I still remember when some people urged me to go see a shrink or a doctor because they think I have some sort of depression disease.

Thing is, I am living off of 2 months of personal savings with a decent temporary amount. And I've been feeling good for the most part. Most of my depressive moments came when I started having thoughts of financial struggle and poverty. Yeah, like I'm gonna try explaining that to a health professional who make a big salary. Pills won't pay my bills nor my expenses.

It also feels good to focus on something that makes me feel more human. I don't need to go back to a job like I used to have. It wasn't good for me to do that. It feels normal to do something productive with your day. The idea that being a regualar productive person is a luxury...it feels really immoral to me.

23 minutes ago, evalynn said:

My husband has been sick for the past four days or so, and today I woke up with phlegm and a cough. :sadwalk:Trying to drink tea to ease the increasing pain in my throat.

Aw I'm sorry evalynn...arg...I just got a phone call from the walk-in clinic we went to two days ago and found out that indeed my child has strep throat. I hope yours is just a mild cold. :(

I've been sick for nearly a week: cough, low-grade fever and sore throat. I'm a lot better now.

But I'm still hooked on My Old Flame. I signed up for a service that will monitor his public records, so if something changes, they'll ping me.

But I just found out another old friend--who I was sort of in love with back at the same time (33+ years ago)--he may have passed away. Like just in November. I was hoping to contact him, because there would be joy in talking to him--nothing truly happened between us so long ago and I don't feel the same way as I did about MOF.

Still dealing with stuff about my stupid father. Also angry about political situation.

Interview at Wegman's this morning. Guess I didn't completely blow the phone interview. Don't really have any 'interview clothes,' so I'm just going in jeans and a hoodie, which are at least clean. If that ain't good enough for a grocery store, then f**k 'em. :coffeebreak:

1 hour ago, Barrier Maiden said:

Interview at Wegman's this morning. Guess I didn't completely blow the phone interview. Don't really have any 'interview clothes,' so I'm just going in jeans and a hoodie, which are at least clean. If that ain't good enough for a grocery store, then f**k 'em. :coffeebreak:

Congrats on the first phase and good luck BM!

4 hours ago, goincrazy said:

I feel insignificant,  

I feel somewhat less than insignificant.

Hope you feel better GC!

I've been sleeping more than I've been awake. Feels so dead inside, like even this amount of interaction is forced. Wonder if anyone will remember that today is my birthday. Not that birthdays are a big deal, it just makes me feel lonely if no one remembers. But that's okay, I'm bad at remembering them too.