Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

This year will be different than last year.  Last year I was feeling too out of control.  I began to feel so much better that I wasn't prepared for it.  It was too manic in my decisions.  I know at this point that I am capable of doing all the things I need to get the normal life I want but I have to calm down and take time to think through all of my decisions.  I can do all the pieces to the puzzle but I have to figure out a way to put all the pieces together and get order in my life instead of chaos.

11 hours ago, CoolCat7 said:

Finally bought a Fitbit instead of a watch - got one on eBay for $40 used.  Looking forward to trying it!

Going out for dinner for my husband's birthday tonight.  For gifts I got him a flask (he asked for it) and a nice watch.

I have always wanted a Fitbit but I worry that I would become obsessed with it.

1 hour ago, CoolCat7 said:

I don't think that will happen with me, lol.  And if it did,maybe it would be a good thing.

I know I would be obsessed with it.  I am already obsessed with my blood sugar monitor.  I don't eat when I'm hungry.  I eat when the blood sugar monitor says I need to eat.

I feel like I'm in a trap, left out in the cold and forgotten.  I don't know how to get out, and no one's going to help me.  I can either chew my own leg off to get free or lie here and wait to die.  Neither option sounds good.

I don't know what to do.

44 minutes ago, LoneSquirrel said:

I feel like I'm in a trap, left out in the cold and forgotten.  I don't know how to get out, and no one's going to help me.  I can either chew my own leg off to get free or lie here and wait to die.  Neither option sounds good.

I don't know what to do.

Hug squirrel!!!! 

19 minutes ago, LoneSquirrel said:

Thank you, KS. :-)

Why do you think your sense of humor sucks?

I'm just not funny. :Cooptsearch:

I'm very lonely right now, one of the things I am hoping 2017 will end. I am watching YouTube videos of late painter Bob Ross. I don't paint, but I love nature, art, and his voice is relaxing.

- KS

Edited by KidSurvivor2011
Left Out Some Information

7 minutes ago, KidSurvivor2011 said:

I'm very lonely right now, one of the things I am hoping 2017 will end. I doubt it. I am watching YouTube videos of late painter Bob Ross. I don't paint, but I love nature, art, and his voice is relaxing.

- KS

Well, your choice of emojis made me chuckle.

I'm lonely too.  I don't feel lonely very often, because I'm too busy maintaining walls to keep people out, I guess.  But I feel it now.

I like nature too, and I enjoy watching Tintin the Squirrel on YouTube.  

It would be nice to be able to go to the park, but I live in the midwest, so it's s****y out.

25 minutes ago, KidSurvivor2011 said:

I'm very lonely right now, one of the things I am hoping 2017 will end. I am watching YouTube videos of late painter Bob Ross. I don't paint, but I love nature, art, and his voice is relaxing.

- KS

oh my gosh KS did you see the tribute to him? it is so cute!!!!

23 minutes ago, KidSurvivor2011 said:

Thanks.

I really miss 90s television.

- KS

On hulu they have the first season of "The Real World."  I watched it.  It's sooo much different than the show now.  It was interesting to note just how much t.v. has devolved since then.

On the first season, the people discussed issues rationally, talked about and pursued their dreams, weren't out partying all the time or having sex with each other.  Now the show is just about conflicts between roommates, getting bombed and hook-ups.

I know people will always be nostalgic for how things used to be, but seriously, how much more inane and detached can we get before we hit bottom?

3 minutes ago, LoneSquirrel said:

On hulu they have the first season of "The Real World."  I watched it.  It's sooo much different than the show now.  It was interesting to note just how much t.v. has devolved since then.

On the first season, the people discussed issues rationally, talked about and pursued their dreams, weren't out partying all the time or having sex with each other.  Now the show is just about conflicts between roommates, getting bombed and hook-ups.

I know people will always be nostalgic for how things used to be, but seriously, how much more inane and detached can we get before we hit bottom?

TV has fallen flat on its ass (for the most part). TV was a part of my life in the 90s. Especially the cartoons. It sometimes gets me severely depressed on less problematic life was back then.

- KS

7 minutes ago, KidSurvivor2011 said:

TV has fallen flat on its ass (for the most part). TV was a part of my life in the 90s. Especially the cartoons. It sometimes gets me severely depressed on less problematic life was back then.

- KS

I think "reality" t.v. has really made quality programming damn near obsolete.  There are very few shows I truly enjoy anymore.

I still enjoy South Park, Family Guy (though the newer ones aren't as good), Tosh.0 and American Horror Story.  I'll watch "reality" shows sometimes, but most of them are awful.

One thing that's always been a problem is how t.v. producers take a concept and beat it to death.  How many crime dramas do we need?  How many "wacky" sitcoms do we need?

And in what universe did "Shipping Wars" and "Storage Wars" sound like good ideas?

And what happened to having appropriate content divided up into relevant categories?  Now the "Learning" Channel has nothing to do with learning.  A&E used to be Arts & Entertainment, now it's...something totally different.  MTV (Music Television) used to show music videos a long time ago...now it shows programs about teen moms and mismatched roommates.

WT*?