Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

4 minutes ago, gs22 said:

Maybe if I could count on my own (so-called) family the way they count on me, without ever so much as a meek thank you, then maybe I wouldn't come here for comfort and support.

I know how you feel, gs22.  I'm sorry you have to deal with it. :console: You're too nice to be dealing with that crap. :flowers:

6 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

Could you ask her to change her mind? Maybe try to convince her? I know it's not easy. My heart goes out to you. She sounds really unreasonable.  When I lived at home as a teenager my mother was constantly telling me to leave. When I did at 19 I knew there was no going back ever. it's a cold lonely feeling not being able to rely on your parents. 

I already asked her to change her mind.  She wants to do things a certain way, and she doesn't care how it affects me.  She says she's too stressed out to worry about it.  Of course, part of the reason she's too stressed out is that she worries about things like whether or not I'm using the soap pump in the bathroom properly when I'm at her house, or whether or not the dog has enough coats, boots and hats.  She complains about the clutter in her house, then goes out and buys more ****.  There will not be much room for my stuff when I stay there, so I have to get rid of my things...because there has to be enough room for dog clothes and other necessities.

I'd probably stay in the car over going there.  I've chosen to stay in my car over living with family before or I'd go to a homeless shelter again  Sadly soon after I was not homeless I bought a tent.  I know one day I'll have to stay in it.  That's why I bought it.  I refuse to live somewhere where I'm miserable ever again.

1 hour ago, gs22 said:

@LoneSquirrel Sounds exactly like my dad.  It pains me to hear this.

It makes me think of my dad.  I'm 37.  In my adult life my dad has called me on the phone 1 time.  It was on my birthday.  I was living at the salvation army homeless shelter.  When he called he didn't even mention my birthday.  He just wanted money.  In my adult life my dad came to visit me 3 times.  2 of those times I was in rehab and he wanted money.  The other time he brought alcohol to my apartment to get me drunk so he could get information out of me about something.  I can't even remember what it was about now.

4 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

i feel fantastic today. i am one step closer to realizing a dream i have...one more step towards something i am passionate about.

and! i think i might have a friend now! A FRIEND!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!

That's great news!

21 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

i feel fantastic today. i am one step closer to realizing a dream i have...one more step towards something i am passionate about.

Hooray, Natasha!!!! :Coopyahoo:

13 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

That's really great! Friends have been my lifeline my entire life, I'm glad that you're experiencing that. It can truly be a special thing, I have friends that I know I will know for life.

Feeling great today, better than I have been for a while. I went to the crisis centre today with my sister. They are getting me in to see a therapist and figure out what meds I need. I'm excited for this. I'm optimistic for the first time in a long time. I'm not thinking about my problems. I think I am finally getting the help I need and that is a great feeling, to be so open with some one like that.

10 minutes ago, Turnt said:

Feeling great today, better than I have been for a while. I went to the crisis centre today with my sister. They are getting me in to see a therapist and figure out what meds I need. I'm excited for this. I'm optimistic for the first time in a long time. I'm not thinking about my problems. I think I am finally getting the help I need and that is a great feeling, to be so open with some one like that.

Yay Turnt! So happy for you! :Coopyahoo:

20 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

YAYYYAYAYAYAYAY!! Congratulations! Good to know your day's going well!

persons-0004_large.png?itok=lbT3a4DM

Another subtle emoji for your enjoyment!

1 hour ago, Turnt said:

More good news!

I hope it goes well, wish you luck. ;)

I'm feeling good. Started a new job today and very happy to leave my old toxic  one behind . Spent the day with my new boss who seems amazing . Got good vibes about working with her and I'm very happy to be back to working with at risk youth and clients. ;) and no more preschoolers trying to fart in my face on purpose. ? 

My sleep is terrible.  When I'm sober I'm back to feeling like I don't really need sleep.  I just give up and start drinking coffee and push through another day.  After a while I become like Tweak from south park where he says I don't sleep ever.

Unfortunately when I was in school it was the same way for me.  I was a different person back then.  I wish I could go back to those days now.  I don't back down from anyone anymore so things would go a lot differently.

Edited by sober4life