Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

Donate Now   11/12/2017

Depression Forums has no real advertising help and no corporate sponsors. We depend on the support from our readers and especially our members. Your Donations would help DF to continue to stay on the internet and is greatly appreciated. Give the gift that keeps on giving. Donate Now  
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

14,429 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

On 10/26/2017 at 1:55 PM, HeatherG said:

If you don't mind me saying, I didn't know you were dealing with that - coming out, gender issues.  I'd like to send you extra (((hugs))).  This world feels they can be disrespectful to certain people or groups - and frankly I'm so sick of this belief.  I can't tolerate mistreatment, to anyone or of anyone.

Great (((hugs))) to @sober4life

I do care that you keep breathing. :)

Yes I am going through a midlife crisis of the highest order.   I didn't officially come out or speak about my gender issues with anyone until I was 38 years old so you can imagine how horrible it was to live with my secrets for 38 years.  Every time I drank my secrets would bubble to the surface and beg to come out.  I couldn't keep things to myself anymore.  It's too much to ask of anyone to keep such secrets from the whole world.  I don't have any problem with myself.  I love myself and fully accept myself but it's not so easy for the rest of the world that's for sure.  It's very difficult going through what I'm going through.  Thank you for your support.:hugs:

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

4 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

I am sorry my friend...I truly empathize. This illness is merciless.

I hope you feel better soon

I know you are struggling too hiker, so kind of you to say. Merciless yes, and apparently relentless too...

Posted · Report post  

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yes I am going through a midlife crisis of the highest order.   I didn't officially come out or speak about my gender issues with anyone until I was 38 years old so you can imagine how horrible it was to live with my secrets for 38 years.  Every time I drank my secrets would bubble to the surface and beg to come out.  I couldn't keep things to myself anymore.  It's too much to ask of anyone to keep such secrets from the whole world.  I don't have any problem with myself.  I love myself and fully accept myself but it's not so easy for the rest of the world that's for sure.  It's very difficult going through what I'm going through.  Thank you for your support.:hugs:

I don't know why this world is so closed minded.  Why we want to cut down and hurt those who we do not understand.  Lots of love from me, and this site to you!  I cannot imagine holding onto a secret for 38 years.  I hope this weekend is treating you well.  I hope this upcoming week offers you some peace and calm.  (((hugs)))

Posted · Report post  

14 hours ago, CoolCat7 said:

(((((((hugs)))))))

Thanks for the hugs CoolCat .I'm sending some back to you. I hope you're having a wonderful day ! 

Posted · Report post  

3 hours ago, HeatherG said:

I don't know why this world is so closed minded.  Why we want to cut down and hurt those who we do not understand.  Lots of love from me, and this site to you!  I cannot imagine holding onto a secret for 38 years.  I hope this weekend is treating you well.  I hope this upcoming week offers you some peace and calm.  (((hugs)))

Thank you I'm doing very well at the moment.  I'm still staying sober.  It's much easier to be sober as myself.  I never thought it would happen.  I used to crave drugs and alcohol every moment of every day but now I think I could easily go the rest of my life sober.  Having such a secret with you everywhere you go completely destroys you.  It's amazing how much mom has accepted my situation.  I hope you can find some peace and happiness in this world as well.:hugs:

Posted · Report post  

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Thank you I'm doing very well at the moment.  I'm still staying sober.  It's much easier to be sober as myself.  I never thought it would happen.  I used to crave drugs and alcohol every moment of every day but now I think I could easily go the rest of my life sober.  Having such a secret with you everywhere you go completely destroys you.  It's amazing how much mom has accepted my situation.  I hope you can find some peace and happiness in this world as well.:hugs:

Your Mom has accepted. Awesome!!!  Wonderful!!  My life?  Well like everyone on here, horrible struggles but I'm trying what I can to turn things around - it's hard, dealing with depression (and the struggles), but I just keep chipping away hoping something gives, ya know?  Thanks for wishing me well, peace and happiness, that means a lot to me, it really does!  (((hugs)))

Posted · Report post  

3 hours ago, lonelyforeigner said:

So happy for you! That's awesome that your mom is supporting you :)

Not only would my mom go out with me if I dressed as supergirl on Halloween.  She would probably buy the costume as well.  I've had a terrible life but I have the best mom ever.

Posted · Report post  

34 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Not only would my mom go out with me if I dressed as supergirl on Halloween.  She would probably buy the costume as well.  I've had a terrible life but I have the best mom ever.

Woot woot for you, and your mom!  And for staying sober!!

Posted · Report post  

Very bored getting depressed again,still trying to get my life on track. I have alot of hopeless thoughts that are growing louder and louder in my head, overpowering the rational hopeful thoughts. I know there not true and im not doomed but I just can't shake the feeling that my life is hopeless even though I know for a fact that im distorting reality.

Posted · Report post  

Like I'm getting my but kicked. First insecurity comess in and then anxiety creeps up then depression comes and swallows me up.....can get any release. Geez.

Posted · Report post  

I wish I could log in and say something encouraging, but I would be lying if I said I have any shred of true optimism.

Its not that I worry "bad things" things are going to happen to me, its more that I just don't care: good or bad things happen to me and I feel the same either way.

The constant anhedonia, depersonalization, derealization and suffocating depression just make every moment excruciating.

Posted · Report post  

19 minutes ago, KidSurvivor2011 said:

I am completely worthless and annoying.

- KS

No you're not hun... Please don't let your illness lie to you x :hugs:

Posted · Report post  

I was going to get help today... It's postponed to Thursday now... Hope I survive that long x

Posted · Report post  

I feel weak and ashamed for getting help... I shouldn't! That's what people want us to believe... We are strong for getting help x

Posted · Report post  

I'm feeling stronger than ever right now.  It's time for me to beat that evil voice in my head they call the disease once and for all.  It makes me so sad that I put posts on here wanting to **** myself.  I refuse to do it.  I will fight and I will win once and for all.

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, babyxgothxx said:

No you're not hun... Please don't let your illness lie to you x :hugs:

My illness is actually telling me the truth.

- KS

Posted · Report post  

Hello all my DF comrades...Big hugs to all who are suffering..I hope some relief comes to us all..Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Tim

Posted · Report post  

31 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

Hello all my DF comrades...Big hugs to all who are suffering..I hope some relief comes to us all..Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Tim

Thanks LonelyHiker... Big hugs back x:hugs: