Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

13,965 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

When I was a kid, we had this record player that would get into an endless loop. When the needle would reach the end of the record, the arm would lift up, go back to the beginning of the record, and start playing it over again. That's symbolic of my life. The big record player just keeps playing the same dreadful song over and over again. Nothing changes. Except the record gets scratchier as time goes on so the song sounds sh!ttier each time it gets played.

Perfect metaphor for my life as well...

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

13 hours ago, TopekaK said:

Feeling fine. Waiting for this new and improved "like" option thingy!

Hope you're all hanging in. Or on!

I want that option, too.

I'm hanging on right now. And it's good to see you here :hugs:

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, CoolCat7 said:

At work on break.  Cramps and anxiety and depression all day, with periodic feelings of bleakness overcoming me. This is tough.

Work and cramps...not a good combo.  Sending you gentle hugs of encouragement over the ether...

{{{{{{{{{ @CoolCat7 }}}}}}}}}

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, CoolCat7 said:

At work on break.  Cramps and anxiety and depression all day, with periodic feelings of bleakness overcoming me. This is tough.

Hugs CC!  I am with you there.  We all are!  I hope you can find a way to do it.  You've done the run up times.  I know it's not easy, but you have proven you can do it!!! 

Posted · Report post  

4 hours ago, babyxgothxx said:

I'm a bit worried for tomorrow but no where near as bad x

Hugs BG!  Tomorrow is tomorrow.  Now is now.  Try with all your might to stay in the now!!!

Posted · Report post  

I don't know how I'm going to sort out the details for my leave from work to attend the month long anxiety program at the hospital.  The short term disability won't start for a while and I don't have enough time to cover it.  I think they might want to fire me too.

When I was in the hospital the doctor said the people who followed up after I got out would help me with all the paperwork I need to do but then when they called me they said they didn't do that so now I'm on my own with a huge stack of paperwork I don't know what to do with and I don't know if I can make this work.

I don't even know why I care.  There's no way I can be fixed anyways.  It's not like they're going to tell me anything I don't know at this program.  I know what is wrong with me and I already know what they're going to tell me to do to fix it, none of this is a mystery to me.  No one can fix me but myself and I can't do it so therefore I'm never going to be fixed.  This is all a waste of time.

My problems only have two solutions, fix it myself (which I can't do) or...

Posted (edited) · Report post  

2 hours ago, Dolphin2013 said:

Work and cramps...not a good combo.  Sending you gentle hugs of encouragement over the ether...

{{{{{{{{{ @CoolCat7 }}}}}}}}}

Thanks!  I made it through without going home sick so that's a triumph!  :hugs:

Edited by CoolCat7
adding

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, salparadise6132 said:

Hugs CC!  I am with you there.  We all are!  I hope you can find a way to do it.  You've done the run up times.  I know it's not easy, but you have proven you can do it!!! 

Thanks, sal.  (((((((hugs)))))))

Posted · Report post  

He’s still frustrated with me. Won’t talk about his feelings so I’m left to ruminate over what little he has given me. I just must wait until he is ready to talk. 

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, bellerose said:

He’s still frustrated with me. Won’t talk about his feelings so I’m left to ruminate over what little he has given me. I just must wait until he is ready to talk. 

You have one that talks?

Posted · Report post  

7 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

Hugs BG!  Tomorrow is tomorrow.  Now is now.  Try with all your might to stay in the now!!!

Okay I'll try! Thanks for the advice x

Posted · Report post  

I wish I was sleeping.. like the rest of the world seems to be. But instead I flip the channels and read this forum. Hoping to get 4 hrs tonight 🤞🏼

Posted · Report post  

9 hours ago, HeatherG said:

@CoolCat7 @salparadise6132 @babyxgothxx @KidSurvivor2011  :console:

Thinking about everyone :)

We're thinking of you too, Heather x:hugs:

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Big, long family trip beginning today...

Everyone else is excited but I feel nothing other than dread and anxiety..

Edited by Tilted

Posted · Report post  

3 hours ago, babyxgothxx said:

We're thinking of you too, Heather x:hugs:

Thank you Baby, :)

Posted · Report post  

3 hours ago, Tilted said:

Big, long family trip beginning today...

Everyone else is excited but I feel nothing other than dread and anxiety..

Gah. I remember that feeling well. Anhedonia is wonderful, eh?

I have an appointment with my shrink this afternoon. I really don't want to go.

Doc: "How have you been doing?"

Me: "Sh!tty"

Doc: "What has made things sh!tty?"

Me: "Depression"

Doc: "Well, what can we do about that?"

Me: "I don't know what *WE* can do about it, but I'm going to drink myself stupid"

Doc: "I strongly advise against that"

Blah blah blah blah...

Posted · Report post  

15 hours ago, Teddy545 said:

I don't feel like doing anything. 

This has become a (seemingly) permanent state of being for me. I get up, I feed the cat, I go to work, I come home, I feed the cat again, I (sometimes) eat something, I sit and stare at the wall for an hour, I go to bed. 

Lather, rinse, repeat...

Posted · Report post  

46 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

This has become a (seemingly) permanent state of being for me. I get up, I feed the cat, I go to work, I come home, I feed the cat again, I (sometimes) eat something, I sit and stare at the wall for an hour, I go to bed. 

Lather, rinse, repeat...

Yeah, I feel like staring at the wall for a few days.  

I'm really tired.  I don't have to wake up early and go driving for a while.  I need to keep up my nighttime driving though.  Driving was really hard today. 

Posted · Report post  

One thing I forget during my long, awful days at work is how almost-as-terrible days off can be.  I have a long list of stuff to do today including exercise, cleaning, writing, phone calls/errands...   And I don't want to do ANY of it.   Sigh

Posted · Report post  

16 hours ago, Natasha1 said:

You have one that talks?

He does. Not as much as I’d like but when he talks his feelings are genuine and sincere. It’s a good start but it’s still only a start which means the road ahead will be rough but worth it. He now frustrated me so I have to wait to cool down before we can have a calm and communicative talk with each other.