Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Tungsten Aromatics

Deleting/hiding content   01/26/2018

Members please note: We can not hide or delete posts/threads, content in blogs or images. This also applies to gallerys and blogs. This is also against Df's ToS. Please be mindful about what you post and remember that once you hit send, it will be viewable on the internet.
    • Lindsay

Donate Now   02/09/2018

Give the gift that will keep on giving.     Donate Now  Thank you so much and have a healthy, happy and wonderful year ahead!   Forum Admin Founder/Owner of DepressionForums.org Lindsay Reday Forum Administrator, Founder LGJ CEO/Director, Owner of DepressionForums.org Tungsten Aromatics Senior Administrator 20YearsandCounting Assistant Administrator/Mod Coodinator KidSurvivor2011 Moderator/Administrator Natasha1 Senior Moderator We are in search of an In-House Administrative Technician/Webmaster - Apply to Forum Admin                              
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" (4)

13,227 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

17 hours ago, CoolCat7 said:

Angry, upset and in physical and mental pain.

Feeling just a little bit better this Friday?  I hope so :)

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

I have a lot of anxiety, there's nothing I can do about it because it's the weekend. 

Posted · Report post  

13 hours ago, Waffles said:

im feeling sad right now. i found a young kangaroo on the side of the road about an hour ago, it was injured and couldnt get up. i called the local ranger but the police ended up attending instead. they put him down right there on the side of the road because his injuries were too severe. they didnt even give him a chance :sniffle1:

It's horrible to witness such suffering. I don't know how people at animal shelters do their jobs- I'm grateful they do. I know saving that baby's life is the natural instinct , but perhaps you can find some comfort knowing he isn't suffering any longer. Wish I had advice on feeling better, but I suck at grieving losses. We save the ones we can and reduce the suffering of those we can't.  Without that sort of perspective we can get lost in the abyss. I'm sorry you are suffering...and I'm glad there are people that care - like you - in the world      

Posted · Report post  

2 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

Sorry to hear about your accident, sober! Glad you are ok. Don't beat yourself up about it, run-ins with deer are very common and frequent this time of year, as they are migrating to winter quarters. I hit one and totalled my car a few years ago (wasn't hurt, thankfully , though I felt bad for the deer, which died😞). It can happen to anyone.

We are just glad you are ok!

I always beat the hell out of myself.  It's my typical way of thinking.  It's like I'm constantly looking for reasons to beat myself into the ground.  I'm sorry that happened to you.  It's very scary.  I've seen thousands of deer in my life.  It was the biggest one I've ever seen.  Thank you.  I hope the deer is ok but I doubt it.:coopcray:

Posted · Report post  

39 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

Thank you.  I think it was a mild case of food poisoning and yes, I am feeling a bit better physically.

Wow food poisoning, I'm glad you're feeling better physically.  I do hope your Friday and weekend are peaceful and pleasant.  Hope you'll feel more than physically better eventually..

Posted · Report post  

Hugs to all who need or want them.

I started my story for National Novel Writing Month and it's more difficult than I realized it would be, but I'm pushing myself to write and just do it (the goal is to write a novel of 50k words in the 30 days of November). I've done it before and I'll do it again.

My son is taking low dose Effexor. Found a p-doc for him and have tips on a therapist who will take Medicare.

Have a lot of decisions to make. Mostly about my own health care. Why do I feel that I don't deserve health and strength and to go to the doctor when I need to? Get my knees and back pain sorted out.

I've been focusing a lot of attention on my husband and son, both of whom I love so much. I need to love myself enough and I just.don't. It's like I'm an impatient mother telling me that I need to be quiet and stop fidgeting. Just be quiet.

Be quiet is sick.

Posted · Report post  

I'm running on 2 hours of sleep. Helping my daughter edit a paper and I can barely string 3 words together for a sentence. No amount of caffeine will persuade my brain to work.

Posted · Report post  

58 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

You deserve health and strength, and please go to the doctor when you need to.  I'm doing NaNoWriMo too so we can egg each other on!  I've been sick for a few days so I haven't done much.  I need to get 10 pages written today.  Sounds so easy, but....  

My first priority, though, is getting to work.  i had to take yet-another day off with the food poisoning, and I don't have any paid sick days right now so I lose money each time I'm off.

@Dolphin2013@CoolCat7

Hi everyone.  I'm writing too.  Can I be a part of this?  Though today I have terrible writer's block, it's beyond maddening.

NaNoWriMo

Posted · Report post  

31 minutes ago, CoolCat7 said:

Sure.  Although I may have to drop out if these stomach pain attacks continue.

Are the stomach pains from the food poisoning?  Stress?  I hope you feel better.  

Posted · Report post  

Sadly food poisoning is very common.  I have worked in lots of restaurants in my life.  It's scary how many people work in those places that don't bother to wash their hands after going to the bathroom.

Posted · Report post  

Just taking a moment out from today’s obligatory social event to log today’s record of misery, another one of countless depressing anhedonic days. 

The sooner this is all over, the better...

Posted · Report post  

5 hours ago, HeatherG said:

@Dolphin2013@CoolCat7

Hi everyone.  I'm writing too.  Can I be a part of this?  Though today I have terrible writer's block, it's beyond maddening.

NaNoWriMo

Yay! Good for you  @HeatherG!!!!

There used to be a NaNoWriMo thread somewhere on the DF.

One of the charming aspects of NaNoWriMo is that I just write and hardly edit and sometimes hardly make sense when I'm writing. I want that word count by the end of the month so I can get that little winner sticker! It's a good way to get yourself writing. Write anything to start and keep writing. If you go on the NaNo website, they have a word prompt section and other tricks to get you moving.

I have a bunch of prompts on slips of paper and I'll pull one out at random if I need to.

Believe it or not, the writing will come if you start with something--even something cliched like "It was a dark and stormy night..."

all the best to you and to @CoolCat7

I'm going to go look for the thread...

Posted · Report post  

Here's a link to the forum topic. I actually started it. It was shortly after I joined the DF and started my meds...

Posted · Report post  

24 minutes ago, Dolphin2013 said:

Yay! Good for you  @HeatherG!!!!

There used to be a NaNoWriMo thread somewhere on the DF.

One of the charming aspects of NaNoWriMo is that I just write and hardly edit and sometimes hardly make sense when I'm writing. I want that word count by the end of the month so I can get that little winner sticker! It's a good way to get yourself writing. Write anything to start and keep writing. If you go on the NaNo website, they have a word prompt section and other tricks to get you moving.

I have a bunch of prompts on slips of paper and I'll pull one out at random if I need to.

Believe it or not, the writing will come if you start with something--even something cliched like "It was a dark and stormy night..."

all the best to you and to @CoolCat7

I'm going to go look for the thread...

Thanks so much!  :)

Also DMing you..

Posted · Report post  

45 minutes ago, Dolphin2013 said:

Here's a link to the forum topic. I actually started it. It was shortly after I joined the DF and started my meds...

Super awesome!  Thank you !!  :)

:hugs:

Posted · Report post  

I`m feeling really down and tired  today .Today I woke up late, ate breakfast then went back to bed. I was asked several times today what was wrong with me. I just answered nothing I`m fine I`m okay. Maybe it`s because I forgot to take my buproprion  for a second day in a roll today..Stupid,stupid me.

Posted · Report post  

3 minutes ago, Lady Mozzer said:

I`m feeling really down and tired  today .Today I woke up late, ate breakfast then went back to bed. I was asked several times today what was wrong with me. I just answered nothing I`m fine I`m okay. Maybe it`s because I forgot to take my buproprion  for a second day in a roll today..Stupid,stupid me.

Not stupid. Don't be so hard on yourself.

{{{{{{{ @Lady Mozzer}}}}}}}

Posted · Report post  

1 minute ago, Dolphin2013 said:

Not stupid. Don't be so hard on yourself.

{{{{{{{ @Lady Mozzer}}}}}}}

Thanks for the hugs Dolphin2013. I could really use them right now.  Sending hugs back to you. Good luck on your writing project . :flowers::flowers:

Posted · Report post  

I feel like I can't handle life.  I have to do coping skills non-stop.  

Posted · Report post  

22 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

My transition isn't going so well.  I need to make some changes, big time.  I hope I'm up to it.

I'm in your corner! Maybe if you make small versions of the big changes, it won't seem so daunting.

{{{{{{{ @salparadise6132}}}}}}}

Posted · Report post  

15 hours ago, Teddy545 said:

I feel like I can't handle life.  I have to do coping skills non-stop.  

{{{{{{{ @Teddy545}}}}}}

Sometimes it's whatever you can do, even if it's just setting an alarm to wake you up in time for an appointment.

Today I couldn't face taking a shower. But I have to go to work. Minimum: wash face and put on deodorant/antipersperant.

Then I can face customers. Oh well.