Sign in to follow this  
Llama

The official hello

Wanted to stop by here and do the official hello to introduce myself to you all. Not sure if spending time here is a good idea or not. Sometimes it is really reassuring to read about other people going through the same or similar emotions / experiences / doubts / struggles / triumphs etc. Other times it makes me sad to see all these other people going through the same as me or worse and my heart hurts for you. 

Don't feel up for much more than that right now. I hope you all have a good day. I'm going to lay here for a little while longer then go get groceries. 

On 21.8.2016 at 7:15 PM, Llama said:
Advertisement

Wanted to stop by here and do the official hello to introduce myself to you all. Not sure if spending time here is a good idea or not. Sometimes it is really reassuring to read about other people going through the same or similar emotions / experiences / doubts / struggles / triumphs etc. Other times it makes me sad to see all these other people going through the same as me or worse and my heart hurts for you. 

Don't feel up for much more than that right now. I hope you all have a good day. I'm going to lay here for a little while longer then go get groceries. 

Hey Llama, and welcome! Nice to meet you!

I feel like you a lot of the time.

Sometimes it's too much for me to read about people fighting it out year after year.

Yet I'm still here. I've made some amazing friends here (and online friends ARE as real as "real"ones in my opinion.. perhaps more so)

I Hope you stick around!

take care!

Welcome to DF, hope you find your interactions here to be both informative and valuable :).

I can relate to the whole, finding comfort and yet sometimes feeling worse at reading other people's story thing. Even I tend to steer clear of some posts on here from time to time, especially when I'm mentally not in the fittest of state. But I find that it helps to look at it from this perspective much of the time. When others discuss their story online here, you have a chance to shout out words of encouragement for that person to help build a pillar of support around them.

People can only survive together, and helping one another is its own reward.

Thanks for the warm welcome Searchingforasoul and Naitomea1224! 

I love that idea of building pillars of support around others. 

I've been feeling quite up and down lately and struggling with how depression affects my relationships and my work. Until I get a better handle on things or my medication stabilizes a bit more, I guess that will just be the way things are for now and that is okay. It's a process. 

I would almost be fine with my depression if it only affected me, but when it affects anything or anyone outside of me that's when I get the most frustrated.

Hey, Llama :}

I am rather new myself, and I find almost as much comfort that I can come here and share as I do in actually sharing. For me the affect my depression and anxieties have on my suroundings is the toughest to handle, so I can recognise myself in what you said. Here I can be openly frustrated about those things, and be understood. Hopefully I can give that feeling of support back to the comunity as well, and help someone else also feel less alone.

Welcome!!

Thanks Maluhalu! Those are good points. It's hard to talk to my friends and family about how I feel sometimes, as sympathetic as they might be, they probably won't really understand what it feels like unless they've struggled with depression too or something similar.

It's been reassuring to come here once in a while and read about others going through similar things. It's nice to know it's not just me. Logically, I know there are millions of others out there with depression but that doesn't make me feel any less alone in this experience.

It's already much easier to share these feelings and thoughts here. Outside of here I would be worried that people would think I'm weak or looking for attention or that they need to treat me differently or 100 other things I worry about. 

Have a great weekend everyone!