Sign in to follow this  
sc00terx

120mg for a long time is it time to give up

i have been on  120mg of

duloxetine

for about 5 years or so is it time to call a day on this drug is it just not working for me now

how long have you been on this and what do you feel like after years  of the same  drug ??

ty  sc00t

Hi can any one give me some help in getting away from this drug in a safe way but  will it help me move forward to a better place  ??

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm not much help. I've never taken Cymbalta/duloxetine. But 120mg is the maximum dose I guess?

I've been on Effexor/venlafaxine and Pristiq/desvenlafaxine, though. Both worked pretty well on me, especially Pristiq. Can you talk to your doctor about switching medications? Those I cited are similar to duloxetine, both SNRIs. Might be worth a shot... Take care.

I've been on it for years, but not that high of a dose.  It has helped me in the past, but I'm not doing as well on it now, so my psychiatrist has prescribed Abilify to add to it.  (Not sure if I'm going to take that or not yet...I feel like I don't know enough about it.)

If it's not working for you and the doc doesn't want to add anything to enhance it, you should probably start talking to him/her about weaning off of it and getting on something else.