Mark250

Your Favourite Lines From Movies

On 7/30/2016 at 2:11 PM, Barrier Maiden said:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like... Tears...in rain. Time to die." - Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty, Blade Runner

"And when she told him these dreams, he believed them. He knew she had to be stopped or she'd leave him forever. So he tied a cow bell to her ankle so he could hear at night if she tried to get out of bed. But she learned how to muffle the bell by stuffing a sock into it, and inching her way out of the bed and into the night. He caught her one night when the sock fell out and he heard her trying to run to the highway. He caught her and dragged her back to the trailer, and tied her to the stove with his belt. He just left her there and went back to bed...and lay there listening to her scream. And he listened to his son scream, and he was surprised at himself because he didn't feel anything anymore. All he wanted to do was...sleep.

And for the first time, he wished he were far away. Lost in a deep, vast country where nobody knew him. Somewhere without language, or streets. And he dreamed about this place without knowing its name. And when he woke up, he was on fire. There were blue flames burning the sheets of his bed. He ran through the flames toward the only two people he loved...but they were gone. His arms were burning, and he threw himself outside and rolled on the wet ground. Then he ran. He never looked back at the fire. He just ran. He ran until the sun came up and he couldn't run any further. And when the sun went down, he ran again. For five days he ran like this...until every sign of man had disappeared." - Harry Dean Stanton as Travis Henderson, Paris, Texas

Such amazing imagery!  Love that movie, Paris, Texas.  Love Wim Wenders. 

Edited by womanofthelight
punctuation

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

"I am Beyonce, always."

"The worst thing about prison was the... was the Dementors. They were flying all over the place and they were scary and then they'd come down and they'd suck the soul out of your body and it hurt!"

"You know what they say. Fool me once, strike one. But fool me twice...strike three"

"Society teaches us that having feelings and crying is bad and wrong. Well, that's baloney, because grief isn't wrong. There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown."

"I'm an early bird and a night owl. So I'm wise and have worms."

So, not movie quotes but TV quotes from the world's best boss. Pretty much anything Michael Scott has ever said is my favorite line.

Fight club

“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”  Tyler durden

Obi wan to darth vader

“IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN, I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.”

Joker: Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Patrick Bateman: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

American beauty

• My name is Lester Burnham. This is my neighborhood. This is my street. This is my life. I am 42 years old. In less than a year, I will be dead. Of course, I don't know that yet, and in a way, I'm dead already. Look at me, jerking off in the shower. This will be the highlight of my day. It's all downhill from here. That's my wife Carolyn. See the way the handle on those pruning shears match her gardening clogs? That's not an accident. That's our neighbor, Jim, and that's his lover, Jim. Man, I get exhausted just watching her. She wasn't always like this. She used to be happy. We used to be happy. My daughter, Jane. Only child. Janie's a pretty typical teenagerangry, insecure, confused. I wish I could tell her that's all going to pass, but I don't want to lie to her. Both my wife and daughter think I'm this gigantic loser. And they're right. I have lost something. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I know I didn't always feel this -- sedated. But you know what? It's never too late to get it back.

Sir Bedevere: "What makes you think she's a witch?"
Peasant 3: "She turned me into a newt!"
Sir Bedevere: "A newt?"
Peasant 3: "I got better.

Monty python

I like really dark quotes for some reason I have a very dark since of humor and a bit of misantrophy.

Oh and my signature.

Edited by scienceguy

10 hours ago, ForegoneConclusion said:

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

"I am Beyonce, always."

"The worst thing about prison was the... was the Dementors. They were flying all over the place and they were scary and then they'd come down and they'd suck the soul out of your body and it hurt!"

"You know what they say. Fool me once, strike one. But fool me twice...strike three"

"Society teaches us that having feelings and crying is bad and wrong. Well, that's baloney, because grief isn't wrong. There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown."

"I'm an early bird and a night owl. So I'm wise and have worms."

So, not movie quotes but TV quotes from the world's best boss. Pretty much anything Michael Scott has ever said is my favorite line.

Nice Office quotes! :) I love The Office

"Toby is the worst. He tortured me with his awfulness." Michael Scott.

"You cheated on me? When I specifically asked you not to?" Michael Scott

"When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life." Dwight Shrute

10 hours ago, Mark250 said:

Nice Office quotes! :) I love The Office

"Toby is the worst. He tortured me with his awfulness." Michael Scott.

"You cheated on me? When I specifically asked you not to?" Michael Scott

"When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life." Dwight Shrute

The office is the best, isn't it? I've seen the series over so many times I've lost count!

"I have cause, it is beCAUSE i hate him." Michael Scott

"Hi I'm Date Michael, nice to meet me." Michael Scott

"Are you trying to hurt my feelings? Because if so, you are succeeding. Fortunately, my feelings regenerate at the twice the speed of a normal man. " Dwight Shrute

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation....

Eddie: You surprised to see us, Clark?

Clark: Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

:smile:

Eddie: Don't go puttin' none of that stuff on my sled, Clark. You know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced, cause every time Catherine revved up the microwave I'd pi** my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so. So over at the VA they had to replace it with plastic. It ain't as strong so I don't know if I should go sailin down no hill with nothing between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.

Clark: You really think it matters, Eddie?

:laugh:

Clark Sr.: SQUIRREL!

Image result for Christmas vacation squirrel  meme

"Get busy livin' or get busy d.y.i.n.   That's g.o.d.d.a.m right.  I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought ih my head..  I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.  I hope I can make it across the border.  I hope to see my friend and shake his hand.  I hope the Pacific is a blue as it has been in my dreams.  I hope."

Red, from The Shawshank Redemption

Posted (edited)

If he didn't wake up from this,
if he wasn't here tomorrow...

no matter.
For I know he'd be
waiting for me...
in the afterlife...
or some safe celestial place.
In this life...
and the next...
and the next one after.
And for whatever there is on
the road that follows from here.
It would only require
my patience...
to get to him again.

Alma from Phantom Thread

Edited by womanofthelight

Some of my favourites:

'You have no power over me'

Actress (don't know her name) says to the Goblin King (David Bowie) in Labyrinth when she realises she had the power to save her brother and herself all along. 

'Blow it out the airlock'

From Alien. Self explanatory. A good moment.

'When one woman strikes at the heart of another she seldom misses'.

Glenn Close in dangerous liaisons. 

'OK. WAR.' Glenn Close in dangerous liasons during a confrontation with her leading man John  Malcovich.

When he hears her say these words he knows without doubt that she will destroy him.

'It's beyond my control' John Malcovich when he is being made to dump the woman he loves by Glenn Close who holds all of the strings.

and 'Do you really think men love the way we do?' Actress in Dangerous Liasons.

'Malcovich Malcovich' - John Malcovich in Being John Malcovich in the scene where he goes into a portal into his own head.

'You are the navigator'

Flight of the navigator when the boy comes into his own and flies the ship.

On 8/9/2016 at 10:50 AM, womanofthelight said:

Such amazing imagery!  Love that movie, Paris, Texas.  Love Wim Wenders. 

Yes, amazing film...it resonates in an agonizingly equisite fashion..

Not from a movie but a book.

"By the pricking of my thumbs.......something wicked this way comes"

Said by one of the witches in Shakespeare's  'Macbeth'  and later,  'Something wicked this way comes'  became the title of a Ray Bradbury book.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death.

Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing...

- Wm. Shakespeare, Macbeth

Posted (edited)

I knew you'd say that. - Judge Stallone making it clear that he has heard all you're pathetic excuses for breaking the law and you will shortly be spending five years in the iso cubes. 

Edited by hocico
Drokk I made a mistake

Two quotes from the film "The Heiress" starring Olivia de Havilland,  Sir Ralph Richardson, Montgomery Clift

"He must love me for all those who didn't."

"So cruel?"  "Yes, I was taught by Masters."

One quote from Star Trek Voyager:   "I'm a doubter.  I even doubt my doubts."