Sign in to follow this  
Mark250

Your Favourite Lines From Movies

Did a quick search to see if a similar thread already existed and nothing popped up.

So what are your favourite lines from movies? Some of mine include:

"This is not a war any more than there's war between men and maggots -- this is an extermination."  Harlan Ogilvy - War of the Worlds (2005)

"The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for...I believe in the second part."  Detective Somerset - Se7en (1995)

"Do you see the beast? Have you got it in your sights?"  Sickboy - Trainspotting (1996)

"Hey man, there's a beverage here!"  The Dude - The Big Lebowski (1998)

Edited by Mark250
accidently pressed enter

"David: Why do you want to leave me? Why? I'm sorry I'm not real! If you let me, I'll be so real for you!" - Artificial Intelligence. I like this line because it happens to love someone so much, but for that person you are not enough, it hurts you badly, you offer your true love, from all your hearth, with all your hearth, but still, it's just not enough... so you want desperately to be more, to be what that person wants, you want the impossible, but when the reality collpases, you turn your eyes to a new realm, the realm of dreams.....

From "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure": "I've seen better heads on boils!" And from the same movie:  

"Pee-wee: Come on, Dottie. Let's go. 

Dottie: Let's go? Don't you wanna see the rest of the movie? 

Pee-wee: I don't have to see it, Dottie. I lived it."

In fact, I've seen that movie so many times, I can probably quote it in its entirety. We'll just be chatting--my family, that is, and one of us will slip in a quote and before you know it, we're reenact ing the whole darn thing!

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti..." Silence of the lambs, Hannibal Lecter

Great line from Silence of the Lambs everyone knows. But most people don’t realise Dr Hannibal Lecter is making a medical joke.
Lecter could be treated with drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors – MAOIs. As a psychiatrist, Lecter knows this.
The three things you can’t eat with MAOIs? Liver, beans, alcohol.
Lecter is a) cracking a joke for his own amusement, and b) saying he’s not taking his meds.

19 minutes ago, Turnt said:

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti..." Silence of the lambs, Hannibal Lecter

Great line from Silence of the Lambs everyone knows. But most people don’t realise Dr Hannibal Lecter is making a medical joke.
Lecter could be treated with drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors – MAOIs. As a psychiatrist, Lecter knows this.
The three things you can’t eat with MAOIs? Liver, beans, alcohol.
Lecter is a) cracking a joke for his own amusement, and b) saying he’s not taking his meds.

Sounds like the writers did a phenomenal job at researching their topic before filming 

Sniper: "You were never in any danger".

GI Joe: "I want to be on the ground in the fight. Not flying above it".

Amazing Spiderman 2: Everything Electro said while captured with him capping it off by addressing himself as Electro.

Yeah this is a good one.GGhost and the darkness. Remington or whatever consuls the other guy after his tiger trap..

Phone isntgoing to let me type all that, so wwill do it in a seperate post at home.

Edited by Twilight Sky

Life is a storm my young friend, You will bask in the sun one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome: "Do your worst, for I would do mine." ~The Count Of Monte Cristo

"Yup I know the rules no belts, no scissors, no razors no ****ing freedom"
"No cussing"
"Sh*t I forgot about that one"
"I'm going to let that one slip because It was clever"

Short term 12

Lisa: Some advice, okay? Just don't point your ****in' finger at crazy people

Valerie: Did you enjoy the fresh air, Lisa? 

Lisa: Yeah I did, Val. Thanks. 

Valerie: Good, 'cause it's the last time you're leaving the ward. 

Lisa: Is that a dare or a double dare?

Susanna: Everyone here is ****ing crazy! 

Dr. Potts: You want to go home. 

Susanna: Same problem.

All from Girl Interrupted

Yup, these are very revealing about the kind of person I am..

Edited by Anony

For some reason this movie, more importantly these lines got stuck to me, I'm glad I can finally share them 

Ladies and Gentleman here is the best line from "Beautiful Creatures"

"...I could hear the sound. The sound was me breaking. I cried because he had lived, because he had died. I was shattered. I was saved. I only knew the girl I was, was gone. He was right. No good could come from loving a mortal. They can't survive our world. Get out, go Ethan. Claim yourself, in defiance, in hope, in love, in fury, in gratitude. Claim the light. Claim the dark, Claim it all. Nothing can stay."

8 hours ago, Twilight Sky said:

Sniper: "You were never in any danger".

GI Joe: "I want to be on the ground in the fight. Not flying above it".

Amazing Spiderman 2: Everything Electro said while captured with him capping it off by addressing himself as Electro.

Yeah this is a good one.GGhost and the darkness. Remington or whatever consuls the other guy after his tiger trap..

Phone isntgoing to let me type all that, so wwill do it in a seperate post at home.

Continuing from this..

Patterson: Have you ever failed?

Remington: Only in life.
Remington: By the way was that trap your idea?

Patterson: yes
Remington: Excellent notion. Tried a trap like that once.
Patterson: But of course, yours worked.
(Reflecting Patterson's comments when he was talking to his boss about his failed trapped, and being put down by his boss for the idea.)
Remington: Point in fact, it didn't, but it still was a good idea.
Patterson smiles.

Edited by Twilight Sky

Marion:  Now it's serious. At last it's becoming serious. So I've grown older. Was I the only one who wasn't serious? Is it our times that are not serious? I was never lonely neither when I was alone, nor with others. But I would have liked to be alone at last. Loneliness means I'm finally whole. Now I can say it as tonight, I'm at last alone.

I must put an end to coincidence. The new moon of decision. I don't know if there's destiny but there's a decision. Decide! We are now the times. Not only the whole town - the whole world is taking part in our decision. We two are now more than us two. We incarnate something. We're representing the people now. And the whole place is full of those who are dreaming the same dream. We are deciding everyone's game. I am ready. Now it's your turn. You hold the game in your hand. Now or never. You need me. You will need me. There's no greater story than ours, that of man and woman. It will be a story of giants... invisible... transposable... a story of new ancestors. Look. My eyes. They are the picture of necessity, of the future of everyone in the place. Last night I dreamt of a stranger... of my man. Only with him could I be alone, open up to him, wholly open, wholly for him. Welcome him wholly into me. Surround him with the labyrinth of shared happiness. I know... it's you.

Wings of Desire, by Wim Wenders

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. (he carves a "V" into a sign) The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.(giggles) Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Evey: Are you like a crazy person?

V: I'm quite sure they will say so.

V for vendetta

(I guess it's more of a monologue)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like... Tears...in rain. Time to die." - Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty, Blade Runner

"And when she told him these dreams, he believed them. He knew she had to be stopped or she'd leave him forever. So he tied a cow bell to her ankle so he could hear at night if she tried to get out of bed. But she learned how to muffle the bell by stuffing a sock into it, and inching her way out of the bed and into the night. He caught her one night when the sock fell out and he heard her trying to run to the highway. He caught her and dragged her back to the trailer, and tied her to the stove with his belt. He just left her there and went back to bed...and lay there listening to her scream. And he listened to his son scream, and he was surprised at himself because he didn't feel anything anymore. All he wanted to do was...sleep.

And for the first time, he wished he were far away. Lost in a deep, vast country where nobody knew him. Somewhere without language, or streets. And he dreamed about this place without knowing its name. And when he woke up, he was on fire. There were blue flames burning the sheets of his bed. He ran through the flames toward the only two people he loved...but they were gone. His arms were burning, and he threw himself outside and rolled on the wet ground. Then he ran. He never looked back at the fire. He just ran. He ran until the sun came up and he couldn't run any further. And when the sun went down, he ran again. For five days he ran like this...until every sign of man had disappeared." - Harry Dean Stanton as Travis Henderson, Paris, Texas

Sign in to follow this