What Exercise Did You Get Today?

Starsea

19 minutes ago, evalynn said:

I wish I had a mountain. I've never lived anywhere mountainous.

Well, to be fair, it's just a little one. I can only go halfway up now due to knee high snow on the part that has no trails. I think if I get to the top it's like 1500m elevation, but I cant remember,  it might even be less than that.

But yes, I feel very lucky.

Went climbing last night for a few hours. Was a bit painful.  Working on trying to climb the next level walls. Tore up my knee. But I'm a masochist so it explains why it's fun. lol..

We were tracking calorie burn with Fitbit. Every time we do this my gal ends the conversation with, "you suck". I'm thinking I might not tell her my calorie burn numbers anymore. Lol....  Not my fault women typically have slower metabolism. 

See, here's the thing: I live 1 mile from work. I used to walk to work and home again every day, and go for a 30 minute walk at lunchtime. Easy peasy, right? But I got lazy and my health went downhill because of drinking. So now I'm slowly bringing myself back into shape--like I was 2 years ago.

I walked my dog. We do that every morning and evening. I think she likes it just as much as I do because as soon as I say "You want to go for a walk?" she jumps and barks with excitement and runs to the door. 

Climbed halfway up again (God I can't wait for Mother Nature to get her ass in gear - it's MARCH!!!!)

My muscles are not complaining at all. Gotta up everything now.

Didn't stop on each section until I reached each checkpoint. First time.

8 hours ago, Natasha1 said:

Climbed halfway up again (God I can't wait for Mother Nature to get her ass in gear - it's MARCH!!!!)

My muscles are not complaining at all. Gotta up everything now.

Didn't stop on each section until I reached each checkpoint. First time.

You live in the Great White North. It's supposed to snow. Mother Nature is doing her job ;-)  j/k....  Hope it starts melting soon.

Glad you made it in one shot, that's great. Most certainly time to add another chunk.

3 hours ago, Lunachick said:

@In2deep4me

Man.. I did P90x last year, and plan to do it again when I get my panic/anxiety under control, and Asylum looks even more intense. Good for you!

I started with P90X a while back. Did 3 rounds of it. Then P90X2, then P90X3. Took a break from Mr. Horton and tried Shaun T. Did T25 and it went well. So I decided what the heck. How bad can a program called Insanity or Asylum be? So I did Insanity and now finishing Asylum. All I can say is I won't do that pair again. Ever!  :help:

Start out slow, anxiety or not. Who knows, it might just help with your anxiety. I find working out helps me a lot with depression and I've never had an anxiety attack about working out or while doing it.

You guys inspire me!  I haven't been exercising because I've been in this depression funk, but I'm going to start.  Tomorrow I'm going to take my dog for a 1 mile walk.  I think I might do a little yoga as well.  Thank you for the post, it just might get me moving!