Donate Now Read more... ×

I am on Lexapro. I feel very tired in the morning. I look spaced out a times. I feel tired most of the day.  I say tired but it's mostly mild depression, or who knows.

I feel that my new employer has noticed my tiredness. Says I looked bored.

Now should I tell them I'm on Meds for depression? Or should I not cross that line? I want to make a good impression on the new boss.

Edited by DustyRoad

2 hours ago, DustyRoad said:
Advertisement

I am on Lexapro. I feel very tired in the morning. I look spaced out a times. I feel tired most of the day.  I say tired but it's mostly mild depression, or who knows.

I feel that my new employer has noticed my tiredness. Says I looked bored.

Now should I tell them I'm on Meds for depression? Or should I not cross that line? I want to make a good impression on the new boss.

This subject strikes a chord with me because I was in a similar situation. I decided to talk to my boss about my anxiety/ depression but she fired me before I had a chance. I thought my job performance was fine, too. I was responsible and conscientious of my work. She fired me before my first performance review, which was when I had planned to talk about the issue. 

She said I didn't seem happy with my job! Well no , lady. When you're depressed/ anxious, you're not happy about much of anything, especially not a job. We had meetings most mornings and I'd be so tired that I just didn't seem interested - in anything. If she'd given me a chance to even talk about (or talked to me about it), I would've explained that. I more or less was fired because of my anxiety/ depression. 

This is a touchy thing. It all depends on your relationship with your boss, what kind of personality your boss has, and whether he/she is empathetic. 

Anyways, you don't have to go into detail. You could just explain that you're not bored, and that you're taking a medication that makes you tired. Who exactly told you that you looked bored? Is it the person you report to?

Edited by standup

Yes that last idea might be the best approach, just to be brief.  One thing you said was that she said you didn't seem happy with your job.  That bothers me.  I need to be very aware of being happy, which is the opposite of being bored. Not happy with smiles, but just get the job done with zest. I am positive I can do that tomorrow. TY.