JD4010

The "what would you like to be doing" thread

Of course, we have a "what are you doing?" thread, so I thought it might be fun to have a "what would you like to be doing" thread. If we are lucky, our posts in both threads would coincide. :)

I'd like to be enjoying life. I can do that, if I just let myself.

I'd like to live in a little house or cabin on coastal Alaska, where the summer temps are 60 degrees rather than 90+ as they are here. It's possible to grow a fantastic garden during the summer in Alaska because the sun stays up for so long...this time of year it doesn't set until after 10 p.m.

I would like to be married to a man that was more empathetic to my situation and less judgemental. I would also like to talk to people that I could trust and depend on. To not be such a Debbie Downer, I'll contribute to the superficial, I would like to have some new hobbies or interests in which I could actually partake.

I would like to have one good job, where I am appreciated and I  can put my skills to use, as opposed to my two part-time jobs where, at one, the other person is so afraid that I'm good at what I do she undermines me at every turn (while I have to smile all the time about it) and at the other one...well it's OK but I'm not really using any of my talents.

Or I would like to be far away from everyone for a really long time. Like a cabin where I get groceries delivered and no one is there to tell me I'm doing everything wrong.

Big thing - it's evening here and  I'd like to have just got home be working in a paid job, relaxing and even if it's stressful been a stressful day being able to manage without depression destroying me

liitle thing - I'd like to be getting on with things without the headache I've got (I know being on the tablet isn't good, but I need the company

3 hours ago, Margie Null said:

I would like to have one good job, where I am appreciated and I  can put my skills to use, as opposed to my two part-time jobs where, at one, the other person is so afraid that I'm good at what I do she undermines me at every turn (while I have to smile all the time about it) and at the other one...well it's OK but I'm not really using any of my talents.

Or I would like to be far away from everyone for a really long time. Like a cabin where I get groceries delivered and no one is there to tell me I'm doing everything wrong.

Cabin off grid sounds perfect.

Quality time on my own.

At the moment I would like my mental health to be better, I feel stressed and moody and I won't go into more detail with this being a PG13 forum but lets just say that I think either as a result of the head injury or being Bi-polar when I have been feeling manic I have also been feeling hypersexual.

I would like to be in a redwood forest building a beautiful cabin or tree house and raising my own animals and growing my own food. Living off the land and enjoying nature like we were meant to do. We are not meant to get our food from assembly lines and alchemy. We are not meant to be stacked on top of one another and crammed so tightly together. I want to feel the mud between my toes, the cool grass on my back as I watch the sky without someone or some group F******* with me. I would like to enjoy the produce of my own hands instead of depending on a system that keeps us all enslaved.

I would have enough money to be  comfortable and stress free in every area of my life, for the rest of my life; have a home in either San Diego, California, Durango, Colorado, St. George, Utah, or Flagstsaff, Arizona--or all these places. 

I'd be lying in the red sands of Canyon de Chelly.

On 6/21/2016 at 5:59 AM, JD4010 said:
Advertisement

Of course, we have a "what are you doing?" thread, so I thought it might be fun to have a "what would you like to be doing" thread. If we are lucky, our posts in both threads would coincide. :)

I'd like to be enjoying life. I can do that, if I just let myself.

I'd like to live in a little house or cabin on coastal Alaska, where the summer temps are 60 degrees rather than 90+ as they are here. It's possible to grow a fantastic garden during the summer in Alaska because the sun stays up for so long...this time of year it doesn't set until after 10 p.m.

I would be working on some kind of business that I started myself. I would love to work on something like that as opposed to being stuck doing meaningless work I don't want to do for somebody else's big company, and have to follow their performance expectations, etc. Of course that will always be financially impossible for me, but it is what I would like to be doing.

1 hour ago, Acacia_ said:

Finally talk to my father about stuff but sorta nervous.

Ya I gotta do the same. My father and I have a lot to talk about, but I never do. We are very distant, because of my mom's incredibly-uniquely, destructive insanity. My dad can't make eye contact with me when he talks to me, it's just to hard for him. Details are in my very first post here a while ago.

23 hours ago, Wisteria said:

I really hope so...

I used to be 110% convinced I would be alone/not as happy as I once was. It was a very painful time, but one day when I least expected it, a girl at my work wanted to go get ice creme with me during break time.... Long story short it's almost 9 years later and we are now married happily. Just try to distract yourself when you get overwhelmed in thought about being alone, by going for a jog, playing a game, or doing something else to get your mind off of it. The more you focus on yourself, and less it consumes you, the easier everyday will be. Then one day when you've finally started to not worry about it so much any more, it'll happen. Be patient, the harder you try/more you worry about it, the more painful/the longer it'll be until you are with somebody.

Don't give up!

42 minutes ago, George1 said:

I used to be 110% convinced I would be alone/not as happy as I once was. It was a very painful time, but one day when I least expected it, a girl at my work wanted to go get ice creme with me during break time.... Long story short it's almost 9 years later and we are now married happily. Just try to distract yourself when you get overwhelmed in thought about being alone, by going for a jog, playing a game, or doing something else to get your mind off of it. The more you focus on yourself, and less it consumes you, the easier everyday will be. Then one day when you've finally started to not worry about it so much any more, it'll happen. Be patient, the harder you try/more you worry about it, the more painful/the longer it'll be until you are with somebody.

Don't give up!

Aw, that's sweet!

I know... It's true and I agree with you. Every time when I feel lonely, people say that same exact thing to me, lol so it's not like I don't know. :) I have to be comfortable being alone at first, even if it makes me feel really depressed and hopeless sometimes... Though, I don't fully agree with it, but that would be a long novel. Just need to live a day by day and do something which makes me happy.

On June 21, 2016 at 1:39 PM, SugaredSloth said:

I would like to be holed up alone in a forest cottage, in a room that is full of books, paper, pencils, lamps, comfy chairs, and my laptop. And I would just breathe and write.

and food! oh and dessert too! it sounds lovely!