Share an Interesting (or not so interesting) Fact About Yourself

I'm 7 different ethnicities.

I used to not like it due to getting picked on growing up on how I looked and some people  were racist to me as well. Years later some still stare at me either judging me or perhaps in awe on how I look thinking I look interesting. However I finally decided later in life  I don't care what others think of me anymore. You either like me or you don't and if not well your loss on something great I think. 

Sometimes I juice fruit. In my mouth. My method, which took years to develop, is the following: place one piece of cut fruit between cheek and teeth and then another piece of cut fruit in the same place on the opposite side of your mouth. Then, (and follow me closely here) place a fist against either cheek and slowly press with increasing pressure until fruit is squeezed against teeth and no juice remains.

I'm very proud of this process. 

1 hour ago, Atra said:

Sometimes I juice fruit. In my mouth. My method, which took years to develop, is the following: place one piece of cut fruit between cheek and teeth and then another piece of cut fruit in the same place on the opposite side of your mouth. Then, (and follow me closely here) place a fist against either cheek and slowly press with increasing pressure until fruit is squeezed against teeth and no juice remains.

I'm very proud of this process. 

Wow, you have a very impressive skill set that most of us cannot duplicate.  I’m just amazed at the things that we can come up whenever a situation cause for something unique 

• 11 months later...

A coincidence, how at one time I was taking the very same antidepressant as my girlfriend's cat: fluoxetine. The cat was prescribed it because of aggressive behavior towards the other cats and because he peed on every wall in the apartment all the time.

As it happened, I was not peeing on walls or being aggressive towards cats or anyone else. I had other problems. 

My fluoxetine came in a pill but the cat would not eat pills so we got his at a compounding pharmacy as a liquid in tuna or salmon flavors.

I felt envious of that cat, wishing that my antidepressant came in a flavored liquid. But fluoxetine is so bitter tasting, I'm not sure it can be masked by anything I'd want to eat. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

I caught a mouse once and kept it as a pet for several days, until it escaped from the jar.

I've had plenty of mouse pets in here.  Some mice are secretive and sneaky but others don't care.  They will come out during the day and jump up on the couch with you and they're completely tame.  They have a wide range of personalities.

There used to be good people.  Now there isn't.  All of life is lived in the prison yard at this point.  The ones you have to worry about most aren't the obvious bad ones.  It's the ones that say hi how are you how can I help that you have to really worry about.

I’ve never been on an airplane and honestly I have never really had the desire to either. Especially true now with all the viral videos out there of people freaking out on planes and in the airports. I’d like to visit a state on the other side of the country someday and I could techincally drive there...looking at a multiple day drive though. Several large cities and tourist places are within less than a days drive from my area so there are plenty of places to go without getting on a plane.

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

I've traveled lots of different ways.  Flying on a plane is by far the worst.  I would go on a greyhound bus or put out my thumb and hitchhike again before I would fly.  It's awful!

Same here nowadays, though it was a wondrous and inspiring experience as a child. It's one of those things that got completely ruined by adulthood. Mainly it's that I'm bigger and forced to sit in a cramped position for however many hours. But it's awful from start to finish, namely from booking the ticket to coming back all grimy and exhausted.